"What we do:"
Once Palantir reaches a customer deployment, there is still a lot of work to be done to help the customer achieve their goals. Working onsite with our customers, we build plugins and web applications, and prototype solutions to our customers’ hardest problems. We work with our customers face-to-face, gathering feedback to direct our on the ground engineering efforts. We get our hands dirty on the ground, but still take time to step back and evaluate where the deployment fits within our broader mission.
The problem space we tackle is wildly diverse and growing every day. We identify and bring home missing and exploited children. We uncover fraud rings and cyber attacks. We work to optimize home lending default strategies. We are not domain experts – we take on large, complex problems and solve them.
Palantir is a flat organization. You will have the opportunity to train up on one deployment and quickly expand into multiple domains and/or deployments. You will be exposed to a variety of problems, technologies, and personalities. They will develop the skills to thrive in high pressure environments and will learn how to manage competing priorities to deliver high quality results to our customers.
- Provide direct support to a range of operationally relevant clients in executing operations
- Develop data integrations, customization to the Palantir platform, and entirely new services as part of your regular work
- BA/BS (or MA/MS) in Engineering/CS, Sciences, or Mathematics
- Mastery of object-oriented programming, algorithms, data structures, and operating systems
- Extremely detail-oriented and hands-on
- Ease in communicating with technical and non-technical personnel
- Comfort being in front of a customer
- Ability to travel between 25% and 75% of the time
- Software engineering or field engineering internship experience
- UNIX/Linux background
- Database experience
- Date Posted:
- Jan 21, 2015 2:41 PM PST
- Palantir Technologies
- Palantir Technologies
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Palantir Technologies builds software platforms that help human experts perform powerful, collaborative analysis of data at scale. Palantir’s software is deployed at public institutions, private enterprises, and in the non-profit sector to address the challenges of responsibly making sense of complex, diverse data. Palantir's solutions are backed by our data fusion platforms: Palantir Gotham... more