At Palantir, we develop the world’s leading products for data analysis and we deploy them against problems that truly matter—uncovering human trafficking rings, containing the spread of infectious diseases, combating fraud, stopping cyber attacks, protecting privacy and civil liberties, prosecuting complex financial crimes, providing relief to victims of natural disasters, and more.
Sound exciting? We think so, too.
You are a highly skilled software developer who can face down every technical challenge on the front lines of a deployment as rapidly as they surface, all with a smile on your face. Integration, installation, hardware configuration, data scripting/massaging, and the ability to deal with customer specific use-cases come as naturally to you as the fundamentals of Computer Science. You dive into complicated programming tasks on your own because letting them sit unfinished would bore you to the point of madness. And, you pick up books, pursue technical challenges and work to expand your prowess for the same reason. You’ve written tight and clean code for at least a few years, and your technical chops are on par with those who write code all day, every day. Additionally, your customer-facing and project management skills are solid. The words smooth, successful, effective, and conversant are not foreign ones.
Palantir is not a systems integration consultant. We're a product company, which means that we're not tracking our hours at the client site to make sure we're profitable. And, in fact, we don't track hours at all. Our team puts in the time to get the job done and we know when it's time to decompress. We encourage our team towards technical strength, efficiency, and fun.
This position is based out of our Ottawa office.
- Independently decompose and solve complex client problems with very little direction
- Architect and implement new systems at the client site, or at our home office
- Build new applications within the Palantir platform
- Write scripts and programs to integrate large data sources into Palantir
- Build complex data pipelines to bring together disparate data; this will allow unprecedented questions to be answered
- BA/BS from a top university in Engineering/CS, Sciences, Mathematics or Physics
- Development experience with high level programming languages (e.g. Java, Ruby, Python, C++, C#, Scala)
- Strong Linux background
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical users
- Agile project management experience
- Ability to travel and obtain a security clearance
- Experience working with relational and non-relational databases (e.g. Hadoop, Oracle, Cassandra)
- User design or user experience portfolio
- Date Posted:
- Jul 16, 2014 4:32 PM PDT
- Palantir Technologies
Palantir Technologies builds software platforms that help human experts perform powerful, collaborative analysis of data at scale. Palantir’s software is deployed at public institutions, private enterprises, and in the non-profit sector to address the challenges of responsibly making sense of complex, diverse data. Palantir's solutions are backed by our data fusion platforms: Palantir Gotham and Palantir... more