Founded in 1999, and still privately held today, we are North America’s largest online retailer of heavyweight, home improvement products. We love the people we work with and the culture we've built. For us, curiosity is a mindset that sees a problem as the start of a great solution. We believe the best learning and greatest discoveries come from trying, even if you fail. We love that we aren’t perfect, but every day we are trying to get better at what we do.
You have built a career by translating functional requirements and wireframes into inspiring, intuitive interfaces. You are an entrepreneur at heart and what floats your boat is finding ways to create an exceptional customer experience that is reflective of who we are and what makes home renovation and buying online simple.
As a front-end developer you will use your killer combination of front-end programming, collaboration, and communication skills to contribute to an ecommerce platform and applications. You thrive in a high growth organization, which takes learning seriously and cares truly, madly, deeply about our customers, suppliers and our team.
We’re going places. Join us.
• Develop and maintain applications for performance
• Work closely with UX designers (and Graphic Designers) on design elements, webpage layouts, and effective functionality
• Work closely with Business Analysts on interpreting functional requirements
• Identify technical constraints early on in the project and be able to suggest workarounds
• Work closely with Application and Database Developers to produce data-driven web components
• Focus on scalability, flexible design, and maintainability
• Test, debug, perform QA and optimize code
• Actively work with the UX team to create a set of UI standards
• Create a strategy for converting existing and new initiatives into responsive solutions where possible
• Help Develop Web Standards
• Audit existing code and make optimization recommendations
• Assist current team with creating a web development framework
Desired Skills & Experience
• Proficient in handling cross-browser/cross-platform issues and web standards.
• Knowledge of XML relating to AJAX and HTML output
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate technical issues to a diverse non-technical audience
• HTML5 and mobile development experience an asset
• Strong understanding of .NET code
• Collaborative spirit that helps the team improve overall
• Knowledge of Endeca an asset
• In-depth knowledge of e-commerce/retail and shopping cart technologies, and Adobe products including Dreamweaver is an asset
• High levels of integrity and a commitment to do what you say you are going to do
• A desire to learn and continuously improve
• Empathy and the ability to ‘walk a mile in another’s shoes’
- Date Posted:
- Jul 22, 2014 10:30 AM PDT
Founded in 1999, BuildDirect is an e-commerce provider completely disrupting the retail building products industry by bridging the gap between the manufacturer and end user. By simplifying the supply chain, solving a heavy freight shipping issue that plagued the industry and creating a proprietary data-driven platform that benefits manufacturers, partners and customers alike, BuildDirect customers ultimately enjoy... more