Shopify is looking to grow the team responsible for building the next generation of commerce. As a front end developer, you'll work alongside some of the most talented people in the industry crafting world-class experiences for over 100,000 shop owners across the world.
You Should Apply If:
- You're passionate about bringing designs to life with code.
- You craft code that is easy to maintain by your fellow developers.
- You're experienced with building complex user interactions. You can evaluate tools and plugins, but feel comfortable writing your own CSS and JS.
- You understand the nuances of, and have experience building functional cross-browser and responsive applications.
- Performance of your code and finished product is something you think about.
- A CSS preprocessor or framework has won your heart and you can persuade us why.
- You have experience working with data-handling via AJAX, JSON, and REST APIs.
- You understand and can integrate into backend MV* frameworks like Ruby on Rails or Django.
- You enjoy collaborating with other developers and contributing to building standards, tools, and approaches.
- You enjoy working closely with designers to help produce ideas and prototype early concepts, while also collaborating with product managers, researchers, copywriters, and other sister disciplines to help build out great experiences.
Catch Our Attention With:
- Experience with build tools like Grunt.
- Familiarity with front end testing tools like Mocha, Selenium, etc.
- A passion for learning the latest technologies and standards.
- Awareness of web accessibility standards and how to implement them.
If you're interested in discussing this role in more detail, please click here and fill in your information along with a link to a portfolio, code samples and/or Github account and we’ll be in touch.
- Date Posted:
- Sep 4, 2015 1:01 AM PDT
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides a merchant with a powerful back-office and a single... more