Have you been the mastermind behind a stellar UI? Are you passionate about turning design concepts into killer workable applications? Are you a CSS ninja with a passion for the latest trends in technology? If so, you could be a great candidate for our Front End Developer role.
At Latitude, we take design seriously. We understand that design isn’t just about how things look; it’s about how they work. Hundreds of thousands of end-users use our platform, and while we engineer incredibly elegant software under the hood, the reality is that most customers and their users judge our technology by what they see and experience.
In this position, you’ll be involved in both internal development projects and external client projects, from concept to completion. We’re looking for someone bright and talented with strong technical skills. The ideal candidate will be dependable and reliable with a focus on execution. Although this role isn’t specifically design-oriented, we would love to see candidates with experience building user interfaces where the interaction between users and software is as intuitive as possible. We want to know that you understand server-side code and have experience making both the client and server-side of web applications work smoothly together.
This challenging position offers the opportunity to build new skills and gain experience in a young, dynamic and growing company with an evolving design team. Depending on the overall skill set, we’re interested in candidates at all experience levels. We’re looking for the right fit for the role and the team.
• Production, modification and maintenance of web application’s user interfaces
• Involvement in the design and implementation for the full user experience of our suite of Geocortex products and services
• Cross-browser compatibility testing
• Work with backend developers to build and implement user interfaces
• Storyboard user interfaces for new software applications
• Advanced knowledge of web and mobile UX/UI
• Knowledge in multiple form factor, cross-device, cross-browser and cross-platform usability, development, and testing is an asset
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Ability to create UI mockups with the Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud or other prototyping/wireframe software would be an asset
• Experience with any of the following Esri technologies would be an asset but is not required: ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Online
• Knowledge of geography and geomatics is desirable but not required
How To Apply
If you think you have skills that would match our needs, we'd like to hear from you.
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com (PDF preferred).
- Date Posted:
- Feb 24, 2014 10:13 AM PST
- Latitude Geographics
At Latitude Geographics, we believe that geographic information over the web can empower people to make better decisions that affect their lives, society, and the world around us. We channel our energy into developing Geocortex software and providing related services. We help hundreds of customers and partners around the world maximize their success with Esri web-based mapping technology. Esri is the world's... more