Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mogo (TSX: GO) is not a bank—by design. It’s a financial technology company for the next generation of Canadians by offering convenience, transparency and a more engaging customer experience. With over 200K members and growing, we are using technology and design to not only transform the way consumers access financial solutions (it takes only about three minutes to create a MogoAccount online), but also empower them to take control of their financial health. Savvy members can get out of debt faster through our unique Level Up program, spend responsibly with one of our cool free reloadable Mogo Platinum Prepaid Visa cards, and keep on top of payments by signing up for Mogo’s text and email alerts. To learn more about Mogo—recently referred to as the potential “Uber of finance” by CNBC, Toronto Star, and others—visit mogo.ca.
Mogo is looking for a Front End Developer to help create and maintain our online customer experience – and that’s kind of a big deal. As the Front End Developer, you will work alongside our Product, Marketing and Development teams to create some fundamental pieces of our online user experience – coding beautiful, responsive UX/UI web designs and user interactions for website landing pages, online application flows and our member portal. Check out the list of qualifications below and if this sounds like you, send us your resume - we want to hear from you!
What you'll need:
- Degree in a relevant field
- 3 years professional experience in front end development roles
- Proven experience translating complex UX/UI designs into responsive front-end code for marketing websites and web applications or SAAS
- Advanced knowledge of responsive and mobile development and page-speed optimization best practices
- Familiarity with industry design tools such as Sketch or Adobe Creative Cloud
- Emphasizes DRY, readable, commented, and reusable code that can be clearly read and understood by developers that work on the shared codebase
- Proven track record and a passion for generating compelling user experiences
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and communicate progress and expected milestones
- Advanced knowledge and experience designing and using responsive frameworks such as Foundation & Bootstrap
- Advanced concepting skills and original thinking with an eye for innovation
- Experience working with quality assurance teams on debugging and code enhancements
- Experience working within agile design and development teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in implementing Accessibility in webpages
- Experience in quality assurance testing
- Portfolio that includes front-end development work on e-commerce and/or banking websites
- Experience working with analytics and Google Tag Manager implementation
The salary for this position is approximately $33 per hour, plus competitive benefits including MSP, extended health, dental benefits as well as disability and life insurance. Stock options and bonus opportunities are also offered, along with 4 weeks’ vacation. Please submit your application online and contact email@example.com with any questions.
This is a permanent, full-time position. For any further inquiries, please contact us at:
Mogo Finance Technology Inc.
#2100 - 401 West Georgia Street
- Date Posted:
- Apr 23, 2016 1:00 AM PDT
- Mogo Finance Technology Inc.
- Mogo Finance Technology Inc.
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Mogo (TSX: GO) is not a bank—by design. It’s a financial technology company focused on offering Canadians a more convenient and engaging digital alternative to the banks. With over 200K members and growing, we are using technology and design to offer consumers online and mobile access to solutions that are designed to help recover and improve their financial health. Whether looking to borrow... more