STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have approximately 500 science-oriented employees globally, including 100 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in BC.
Be a part of the remaking of STEMCELL’s website. You will be an important part of our new web development team tasked with migrating our existing .net based website to one built using LAMP stack technologies leveraging an open source Content Management System and eCommerce platform. You will be responsible for delivery of the front-end functionality required to provide a robust e-commerce experience to our customers including integration with the IT systems used to manage inventory, process orders, and provide customer care activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and maintain the front end for STEMCELL’s web applications
• Enhance and refine existing UI/UX to enhance customer experience and ease of use
• Develop website functionality within CMS environments
• Work with the web back-end development and web design teams to deliver modern, rich and standards-based web applications.
• Monitor and respond to application alerts and take corrective action as needed to restore proper operation.
• Work with other members of the IT Infrastructure, Application, and Data teams to ensure operational excellence in our technology solutions.
• Conduct research to keep up to date with new technology, evolving solutions and industry standards
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
• 3-5 years of experience in web user interface / user experience implementation on an e-Commerce centric website.
• 3-5 years working with web design teams to deliver beautiful web applications requiring only reasonable amounts of programming effort to build and to support - able to develop implementation options based on the given design elements.
• 2+ years experience working with an open source CMS – Drupal or Magneto preferred
• Knowledge of, and demonstrated experience with, cross-browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.) and cross-platform (Desktop, Mobile) issues
• Creative and capable problem solver. Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure.
• Experience using modern source control systems - GitHub preferred
• Experience working with issue tracking systems - JIRA preferred
• Familiarity with Agile development techniques
• Strong communication skills required, including presentation skills in front of development groups.
• Drive and support continuous and innovative improvement of products, services, and processes.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities. If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please on our careers site.
- Date Posted:
- May 28, 2015 2:52 PM PDT
- STEMCELL Technologies
- STEMCELL Technologies
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay... more