Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mogo (TSX: GO) is building a digital financial brand for the next generation of Canadians by offering convenience, transparency and a more engaging customer experience. With 135,000 members and growing, we are using technology and design to not only transform the way consumers access financial solutions (it takes only about three minutes to create a MogoAccount online), but also enable them to take control of their financial health. Savvy members can get out of debt faster through our unique Level Up program, spend responsibly with one of our cool free reloadable Mogo Prepaid Visa cards, and keep on top of payments by signing up for Mogo’s text and email alerts. To learn more about Mogo—recently referred to as the potential “Uber of banking” by CNBC, Toronto Star, and others—visit mogo.ca.
Mogo is looking for Front End Developers to help create and maintain our online customer experience – and that’s kind of a big deal. As the Front End Developer, you will work alongside our Product, Marketing and Development teams to create some fundamental pieces of our online user experience – coding beautiful, responsive UX/UI web designs and user interactions for website landing pages, online application flows and our member portal. Check out the list of qualifications below and if this sounds like you, send us your resume - we want to hear from you!
- Degree in a relevant field
- 3-5 years professional experience in front end development roles
- Proven experience translating complex UX/UI designs into responsive front-end code for marketing websites and web applications or SAAS
- Experience working in a variety of development environments and proficient with Git
- Familiarity with industry design tools such as Sketch or Adobe Creative Cloud
- Advanced knowledge of responsive and mobile development and page-speed optimization best practices
- Proven track record and a passion for generating compelling user experiences
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and communicate progress and expected milestones
- Advanced concepting skills and original thinking with an eye for innovation
- Experience working with quality assurance teams on debugging and code enhancements
- Experience working within agile design and development teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in quality assurance testing
- Portfolio that includes front-end development work on e-commerce and/or banking websites
- Experience working with analytics and Google Tag Manager implementation
- Date Posted:
- Jan 26, 2016 1:37 PM PST
- Mogo Finance Technology Inc.
- Mogo Finance Technology Inc.
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Do More, Spend Less This generation is the first to grow up in an internet world. Every day, new companies are being created that leverage the power of the internet and technology to bring a new level of convenience to almost everything we do. Whether it's using Uber instead of your own car, or renting an apartment in Paris through Airbnb instead of shelling out for a pricey hotel room, these... more