We are currently searching for an experienced front-end web developer to become a part of our expanding team. As a member of our Research and Development department, you will be working closely with our Online Marketing team to bring branded designs and campaign initiatives to life with your development expertise. A challenge seeker who is adept at balancing desires for perfection with the demands of a rigorous pipeline would be considered ideal for this position.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a front end development role.
- Experience with jQuery and LESS/Sass.
- Demonstrated ability to develop responsive, device-agnostic sites.
- Can progressively enhance sites to provide refined feature sets for more capable browsers.
- Comfortable using Git and GitHub for source control management is a plus.
- Knowledgeable about cross-browser compatibility and diagnosing common pitfalls.
- Understanding of touch-based design and its implications.
- Ability to self-manage while providing visibility to key stakeholders.
- Can efficiently work in a collaborative coding environment.
- Interacting with RESTful APIs via Ajax and JSON is a huge plus.
- Collaborating with the UX/UI designers to construct and implement BBTV's family of websites.
- Assisting in the development of reusable front-end tools and libraries.
- Collaborating with UX/UI designers and clients in the preparation of wireframes, mockups and prototypes of the company’s web applications.
- Expanding one’s knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices.
BroadbandTV (BBTV) is a fast-paced media & technology company located in downtown Vancouver, BC. BBTV drives success for online video creators by leveraging our innovative technology and our massive reach through our network brands.
We are currently experiencing rapid growth and have been recognized as The Most Innovative Company in BC, as well as one of Canada’s Top Digital Media Companies by the Digi Awards. Our CEO was selected as one of Fast Company’s Top Creative People in Business, and Business in Vancouver awarded her the prestigious Forty Under 40 award.
We thrive on creativity with a vision to become one of the most innovative companies worldwide while fostering entrepreneurship amongst content creators.
BBTV maintains a culture of creativity, drive, collaboration and care and seeks to create dream jobs for every team member.
It is a very exciting time to be joining the BroadbandTV team and sharing in our success!
- Date Posted:
- Aug 18, 2014 10:50 PM PDT
BroadbandTV (BBTV) is an innovative media and technology company that drives success for online video creators by leveraging its proprietary technology and massive online reach. Operating one of the world’s largest entertainment networks on YouTube, BBTV has developed some of the most advanced and innovative technologies in the online video space: VISO NOVI, for detecting and managing fan uploaded content and VISO... more