We are seeking a dynamic, technically well-rounded person with experience creating websites and web applications that meet W3C standards. A good working knowledge of WCAG 2.0 techniques is highly desired, however new graduates and those eager to learn will be considered.
The successful candidate will be joining a team currently working on an accessible data visualization product that will integrate with business intelligence solutions, content management systems and mobile frameworks. They will also work with clients to improve the accessibility of current and future websites by assessing designs and suggesting fixes to ensure that they are accessible for persons with disabilities.
This particular position is in Burnaby British Columbia
- Expertise with XHTML, HTML5, CSS 2.1, CSS 3, SASS or LESS,
- Excellent understanding of HTML semantics and the DOM.
assistance of frameworks.
- Basic experience with a CMS such as Drupal 6/7 or a comparable
CMS or Framework.
- Solid understanding of context, usability and accessibility.
- Ability to adhere to internal documentation guidelines.
- A self-starter and comfortable with minimal day-to-day guidance and
able to manage deadlines without supervision.
- Have good interaction and facilitation skills.
- Are detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task.
- Have strong analytical skills.
- Enjoy explaining technology to non-technical users.
- Are comfortable writing reports, writing copy and delivering
- Have a proven ability and desire to work effectively as a member of
- Are able to learn quickly in response to emerging standards and
- Strong competency in PHP, MySQL.
- Experience with databases and familiarity with open data strategies.
- Report directly to the Manager of Research and Development.
- Collaborate on the development of our accessible data visualization
- Develop and execute work plans.
- Work directly with clients to understand their project objectives.
- Work on proposals to current and future clients.
- Implement websites and applications to client specifications.
- Assess the accessibility of existing websites and create reports
recommending changes to meet the client`s accessibility goals.
- Make recommendation to address clients’ objectives.
- Assist in delivering presentations to clients, both in person and
through conference calls.
- Work with other team members on internal research projects.
This is a full time position. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Compensation depends on the level of experience.
Please send your resume, cover letter and examples of previous projects to:
Manager of R&D
Manager of R&D
- Date Posted:
- Nov 26, 2014 6:09 PM PST
- Neil Squire Society
The Neil Squire Society is the only not-for-profit organization in Canada that for the past 20 years has used technology, knowledge and passion to empower Canadians with physical disabilities. Our work helps our clients remove obstacles and barriers so that they can live independent lives and become active members of our society. Bill Cameron founded the Neil Squire Society in 1984, in memory of his relative Neil... more