What Are We Looking For?
We have an immediate opening for a Front-End Web Developer to join our Digital Studio team. The Digital Studio team works closely with clients to define project scope, create specifications, design and build professional web solutions which are integrated into Marqui’s in-house web content management and email marketing software.
Reporting to the Digital Studio Supervisor, you will be responsible for mastering the Marqui cloud-based CMS to build marketing programs that integrate websites with email campaigns and social media. If you are passionate about digital technologies and are a self-motivated, resourceful problem solver who loves to work in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment, this is the place for you.
• Master the Marqui Content Management software
• Follow project briefs/work orders from project managers and development team lead
• Hand code extremely high quality, responsive, cross-browser compatible and accessibility compliant websites optimized for fast load times without the need to rely on frameworks or templates
• Work on multiple projects of varying sizes in an fast paced and agile environment with minimal supervision
• Adhere to coding standards and internal development processes
• Stay up-to-date with current coding practices and industry trends, keeping the Solutions Architect informed of new technology that can potentially be used in future projects
• Take responsibility for deliverables and meeting deadlines, ensuring Project Manager is apprised of project status at all times, and proactively follow-up on all aspects of assignments to ensure deliverables are well accounted for
• Provide technical recommendations and time estimates for development work when necessary
Skills and Attributes
• Minimum of five years’ experience building websites
• Hold a degree or diploma in web development or have proven work experience in the field, and can demonstrate a record of building numerous responsive websites, mobile sites and email templates, as well as working with social media
• Exceptional attention to detail when executing projects to ensure deliverables do not require rework and corrections
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to retain and execute verbally assigned project details in addition to following written specifications
• Demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge gained to successive projects, with a goal of becoming a more efficient and effective problem solver over time
• Basic knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator in order to work with mockups provided by designers, optimize images, and create and manage sprites
• Knowledge of W3C compliant HTML and cross browser compatibility, coding for maximum email deliverability across major mail clients, and WCAG 2.0 Level A and AA accessibility compliance
• Ability to maintain professionalism and objectivity when under stress, viewing critiques and suggestions as opportunities to continually raise the bar
• Understand the purpose of a website's creative vision and technical capabilities are to ultimately ensure Marqui's clients achieve their digital marketing and business goals
The above qualifications are required. We will prioritize potential candidates with the following additional skills:
• Hands-on experience with other CMS software
• Experience working with XML/XSLT
• Familiarity working with .NET controls and C# syntax
• Good understanding of the principles in web marketing technologies such as SEO, PPC, website optimization
To Apply For This Position
Please email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com with "Front End Web Developer" in the subject title.
Marqui is located in downtown Vancouver, at the corner of Bute and Pender, just steps from Coal Harbour. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits. Marqui is an equal-opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications are treated as confidential and will remain on file for six months.
- Date Posted:
- Mar 21, 2014 10:12 AM PDT
Marqui is a next generation content management system (CMS) and is the most cost-effective, integrated multi-channel CMS designed specifically for marketing teams. As a SaaS based solution, Marqui puts control of your marketing programs into the hands of the marketing team without the need for IT involvement. With powerful workflow controls, Marqui offers the ability to coordinate web, email, mobile and social... more