Joining the engineering team at Street Contxt is a unique opportunity to build creative solutions to complex problems, using cutting edge technology. Our platform has been built from scratch (no legacy code on its last legs here!) and every Developer contributes to our flagship product. The work we do flows through extremely capable business development and customer success teams to disrupt business as usual, and make a difference in the lives of real people.
Our approach is for everyone to gather as a group to dig into our unique challenges and bounce ideas off one another. As a team, we prioritize tasks and take individual ownership based on interest and skill. As we continue to grow, we’ll be looking for input to scale our processes, but still keep things exciting, motivating and fun. We encourage your participation and leadership in everything from high-level product design to implementation. That’s how we roll!
We work with the best tools for the job and that means using Java 8, Scala, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, Java EE, WildFly, Play Framework, KnockoutJS, RequireJS, Bootstrap, Less, PostgreSQL, AWS, and Git. We’re experimenting with and eager to implement ES6 and React. We also use JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Fisheye, and Crucible. We’re less fussed about how long you’ve been working with these particular (or similar) technologies and more interested in your knowledge and perspective about them. If tech is more of a passion than a pastime, we are confident you’ll quickly learn what you don’t know about our stack.
What’s most important is that you love the work, respect the team and can still kick back with your co-workers for a bit of chess and a beverage or two… all while flexing your skills and building new ones.
- You have a strong technical base, though not necessarily in our stack
- You like solving problems and are able to articulate your thoughts to the team
- You have a sense of humour and know how to collaborate with people sans ego
- You live for turning abstract ideas into real-life tools for customers
- You’re resourceful and self-sufficient, and you self-educate to satiate your curiosity
- You love tech and have a hard time knowing when to stop talking about all the details
- You can’t help having an innate sense of technology and how things work
It’s a bonus if
- You are intimately familiar with our tech stack
- You have worked directly in the finance industry and/or at a SaaS startup
- You have a good sense of the bigger picture of development, but also the nuances of each component (back end / front end)
- You’re a chess-playing maniac
You can expect
- To feel comfortable with us immediately and always feel encouraged to share your ideas
- To make a direct impact on; our platform, our processes, our users, and our team
- To understand where the company is going and how it’s going to get there
- To love your work and its challenges, but also know the company respects your downtime too
- Everything you read here and on our website; because we do what we say we do
About Street Contxt
Street Contxt is an intelligent information marketplace built for global Capital Markets. We’re reinventing the way market-moving commentary is produced, consumed, and discovered across “the street.” Our platform provides smart and actionable insights that are contextual to each user. Ultimately, Street Contxt delivers a competitive advantage to our customers and makes global Capital Markets more efficient.
Contributing to the growth of a game-changing product gets our team fired up! At Street Contxt, we take ownership of our projects and work together to foster a fun and transparent environment. Our days are spent thinking through complex scenarios and tackling major challenges using innovative technology. We’re agile in our process and responsive to the market, seeking to fundamentally improve an institutional industry. We are a team of experts, joined by outstanding advisors and world-class investors, on a quest to build a superior product and a top-notch company. With our HQ in the heart of Toronto, we work, play, and win as a team. We enjoy spending time with each other and we celebrate our accomplishments together.
If Street Contxt sounds awesome and you see an opportunity for yourself, apply now! Illustrate why you think you're a match. Share some code. It should be no surprise that we’d be happy to check out your GitHub, Bitbucket, or other links. We use Jobvite to manage our hiring process, please apply using the following link: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oRJI1fw3&s=Techvibes
- Date Posted:
- Sep 22, 2015 12:54 PM PDT
- Street Contxt
- Street Contxt
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Street Contxt is an intelligent information marketplace built for global Capital Markets. We’re reinventing the way market-moving commentary is produced, consumed, and discovered across “the street.” Our platform provides smart and actionable insights that are contextual to each user. Ultimately, Street Contxt delivers a competitive advantage to our customers and makes global Capital Markets... more