ACL is a Canadian headquartered software company, nominated as a BC Top Employer, that helps the world's largest public and private companies stamp out fraud, operational waste and unethical business. You've seen the headlines; the growth opportunity ahead of us is amazing. With more than 14, 000 customers globally, including 89% of the Fortune 500, we take pride in our stability but like to think of ourselves as a 25 year old startup. Our new Cloud products and our established analytics solutions give us an edge and we're disrupting the entire industry by leading auditors, risk and compliance professionals into the cloud and mobile.
About the Role:
ACL is searching for a Full Stack Software Engineer! Backed by a leadership team that understands what it takes (hey, our VP of product management was our first web developer!), you'll be well equipped with the technology (want a faster Macbook?), and the support you need (our creative design team will partner with you) to build beautiful Cloud software used and trusted by many of the world's most recognizable brands. You will be able to unleash your creativity with time to learn and experiment with the latest technologies. Specifically, you will:
- Collaborate in small agile teams to continuously deliver features to ACL's customers with weekly deployments on our AWS infrastructure.
- Create highly performant APIs in Ruby on Rails, and flexable UI components using React and Angular.
- Work alongside Product Designers and UX Designers to create a beautiful user experience.
- Collaborate with talented and passionate engineers to keep ACL's products fast, robust and maintainable.
- Shape our engineering culture by helping to improve our process and codebase.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience is required.
- 3+ years of experience in delivering high availability, fault tolerant, large-scale SaaS applications in an agile environment.
- Experienced with Ruby on Rails and open to learn other tools and frameworks.
- Experience publishing and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Excellent SQL skills as well as experience with NoSQL databases.
- Familiar with Git branching workflows.
- Bring your creative ideas, collaborative attitude and strong work ethic with you every day.
- Deeply care about code quality and detest having bugs slip through TDD.
- Enjoys working on small, agile development teams that are light on process and heavy on creativity.
- Bonus: Actively involved in local meetups and open source project contributions we can look at on GitHub.
Are you ready to join?
ACL is a place where new ideas get noticed, get invested in and fuel something big. If this sounds like you or a place you want to drive your career, go ahead and apply at acl.com.
Please note, due to the high volume of applications received only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your interest and invite you to continue to check us out as we are always on the hunt for great talent!
- Date Posted:
- Apr 28, 2016 1:00 AM PDT
- ACL Services Ltd.
- ACL Services Ltd.
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
ACL delivers technology solutions that are transforming audit and risk management. Through a combination of software and expert content, ACL enables powerful internal controls that identify and mitigate risk, protect profits, and accelerate performance. Driven by a desire to expand the horizons of audit and risk management so they can deliver greater strategic business value, we develop and... more