EventMobi is looking for a full stack software developer to help make an impact on our mobile apps & app-building platform! In the past 16 months we've grown our team from 5 to 30 and our software now services 2000 events worldwide. If you are interested in helping us scale, and meet the next set of challenges, let's chat! Our scalable platform builds multiple mobile HTML5 apps per day and we service over 2 million users, through a variety of app features & experiences.
This is a very fast-paced role, and we need energetic, creative individuals looking for an opportunity to grow with a young startup, get your hands dirty in all aspect of cloud services, mobile and web development and help with every aspect of a startups technology infrastructure.
Your main responsibilities include
• Design, architect and extend the EventMobi web and mobile-web apps alongside a team of developers and designers to rapidly push new features / products live
• Take ownership of products and be involved in their planning, development, testing, performance and following through to a successful launch
Challenges we're currently tackling (and you could be too)
• Bridging the native to web experience by building extremely performant and rich user interfaces available on any device, online or offline
• Developing our own (soon to be open-sourced) Python REST API framework for Flask
• Handling load spikes of 10,000+ concurrent users over a few seconds
• Building real-time mobile & web applications through HTML5, websockets and Node.js
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
• Expertise in using dynamic languages like Python, Ruby or PHP
• Knowledge of HTML5 / CSS3
• Want to get involved in parts of the tech stack and build extremely fast
• Excellent communication and creative approach to open problems
• Experience with parts of our tech stack (MySQL, Redis, Mongo, Node.js, AngularJS, Backbone.js, Python, RSpec, Cucumber, Jenkins, Chef)
• An understanding of data-structures, modular design, and object-oriented code
• You must be a self-starter and require minimum supervision. We need someone who can take in the vision and come up with fantastic ideas and execute
EventMobi is an app building platform that allows event planners to create engaging apps for their event or conference in only a few minutes. Our apps allow event planners to distribute content to their attendees, keep them engaged with the event, and help them learn and network with other attendees. We're based in Toronto and are committed to using the mobile revolution to completely transform the events industry.
We're not your typical startup, we're completely self-funded and yet with no outside capital we're massively profitable and on an incredible growth path with companies like Intel, Disney and the Olympics IOC using us for their mobile event app needs.
What you'll get at EventMobi
• A small, open-minded team that is passionate about leading edge mobile and web technologies and craves making its customers ecstatic.
• An environment that's fast paced, fun and challenging in downtown Toronto with an XBOX + Kinect, nap room, and a fleet of RC helicopters that battle often
• A completely transparent, open, and collaborative environment
• Competitive salary, profit sharing and other perks & goodies
• All of our engineers attend a conference of their choice, with travel, all paid for
• Free breakfast every morning
• Your choice of workstation (MacBook Air? Thunderbolt display? you name it)
• The ability to try new things, fail and learn, and be as creative you can be. We do not understand limits!
Please apply through our website http://www.eventmobi.com/about/careers/
- Date Posted:
- Mar 14, 2014 7:29 AM PDT
EventMobi is the most popular event app platform for conferences and tradeshows worldwide. Create an app for your event in minutes, enhance attendee experience and increase sponsorship opportunities with an event app that works across all devices and even works without an internet connection. Comprehensive and cost-effective for small and large events, EventMobi makes mobile event apps simple. more