The number of businesses using Social Media has exploded. They’re becoming more sophisticated, more demanding and need solutions that keep pace. With more than 7 million of the worlds most active and influential users of Social Media onboard, including 79 of the Fortune 100, HootSuite is the Social Media Management solution businesses around the world turn to for help.
Operating in this competitive market requires constant innovation and forward thinking product development. To outpace the market, Hootsuite has established Hootsuite Labs, an organization within the company, charged with fostering innovation and developing new products. The group is made up of seasoned industry veterans and highly talented developers and designers. The Lab is currently growing and is looking for an unconventional Marketer - a Growth Hacker.
In this role, you will report to the Director of New Products and be responsible for working with the development team in the design, development and promotion of new products. Project requirements will vary from project to project so the ideal candidate will be able to work within a wide variety of contexts. You can expect to work on everything from mobile and web apps to chrome extensions. Versatility and creativity will be necessary as you find innovative ways to embed user growth strategies into the development and promotion of new products. This role will also give the successful applicant a front row seat into the strategic direction of the company as it is in The Lab’s mandate to integrate any merger-related activity.
Design and Product Development
- Ask critical questions about what drives growth, build analytics tools to capture the relevant data, analyze that data, and provide actionable answers and insights as a result.
- Embed virality and growth strategies into product design
Marketing and Promotion
- Rigorously optimize our platform and products for increased monetization and usage
- Discover new customer acquisition channels and improve existing ones
- Managing email marketing, SEM, display advertising, and retargeting
- A/B testing, landing page design, viral lubrication, email deliverability, and Open Graph analysis
- Work with the team to ensure that projects are planned and delivered in a timely and predictable manner
- Capture and deliver products based on the requirements
- Liaise with other departments as required
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience in user acquisition across channels
- Strong quantitative skills and an analytical, data-driven mindset
- Exceptional passion for testing, analyzing, and iterating
- Expert understanding of social media, analytics, and A/B test implementation
- Intimate knowledge of Google Analytics
- Outgoing, with good communication skills and able to present actionable data to the team
- A penchant for finding unique solutions to complex problems as they relate to customer acquisition and experience
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Strong project management and technical skills.
- Date Posted:
- Jun 23, 2014 9:52 AM PDT
- HootSuite Media, Inc.
HootSuite is a social relationship platform for businesses and organizations to collaboratively execute social media strategies across multiple social networks from one secure, web-based dashboard. Launch marketing campaigns, identify and grow audience, and distribute targeted messages using HootSuite’s unique social media dashboard. Streamline team workflow with scheduling and assignment tools and reach audiences... more