Job ID: GRTS123/124
Location: Vancouver, BC
Term: Permanent Full Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 18,000 customers in 90 countries. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and were recognized by numerous awards including Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2012 and 2011), Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), and Deloitte's list of 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2013).
With over 325 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create cool technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Apply today – we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit (www.globalrelay.com).
As a valued member of our Support Helpdesk Team, you are the face and voice of our Company. Through your knowledge, charisma and dedication, you will help ensure our clients Email and Archiving environments are running correctly and smoothly. This role puts you in the front seat with new challenges to conquer each and every day, allowing your troubleshooting and creative problem solving skills to truly shine. The Global Relay Helpdesk Team works closely with one another to collaboratively push the bar higher for customer service and satisfaction – with no cubicle walls closing in on us, our team is free to do what we do best: Help the customer. So, if you enjoy getting to the bottom of technical issues, sifting around server logs, configuring software or troubleshooting an Exchange environment, this is the opportunity for you!
• Provide first class technical assistance to our enterprise customers
• User management of Global Relay systems:
o Email and Spam Filtering
o Zimbra Collaboration Suite
o Public IM Capturing
• Email client configuration for Outlook, Mac Mail, Thunderbird, and mobile devices
• Email message delivery support and troubleshooting including SMTP Errors and NDR’s, analysing headers, server log tracing, and DNS issues
• Archiving configuration of Microsoft Exchange and other hosted email platforms including Office 365 and Google Apps
• Archiving configuration of Instant Messaging Clients including Global Relay Messenger, AIM, and Yahoo! Messenger
• Troubleshooting Exchange configuration issues with IT professionals, such as Exchange journaling and Active Directory integration
• Supporting the archival configuration of various systems, including Lync/OCS, BES, Thomson Reuters, Bloomberg, and Social Media platforms
• Assist in the testing of new systems, features and services
• Contribute to the continued growth of the team; helping to implement documentation, policies, and procedures
• Previous experience in technical support and/or helpdesk (Email hosting / archiving experience preferred)
• Must be able to clearly document issues and outline the resolution to support cases
• Strong working knowledge of the Internet in general, with an understanding of various protocols such as SMTP, DNS, TELNET, and OpenSSL
• A conceptual and technical understanding of email delivery, including how to interpret headers
• Experience with network troubleshooting and internet connectivity
• Working knowledge and ability to configure common mail clients, such as MS Outlook/Outlook Express, Thunderbird, etc.
• Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently; communicating complex technical problems and solutions to end users of all skill levels
• A self-starter who can work independently as well as in a team environment with minimal supervision
• Adaptive and a strong willingness to learn while working in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion with confidential information
• Understanding of the setup and components of various mail servers such as MS Exchange, Notes, Sendmail, Exim, and Postfix would be an asset
• A+, CCNA, or similar certification would be an asset
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to: email@example.com. Save your PDF using the following format "FirstName LastName (Application Date)". Reference "Helpdesk Technician_ GRTS123/124” in email subject line.
No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Date Posted:
- Sep 30, 2014 2:12 PM PDT
- Global Relay Communications Inc.
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 18,000 customers in 90 countries. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android,... more