To support continuous company growth and new HR initiatives, Global Relay is looking for an energetic individual to join our growing HR team. The HR Generalist will provide day-to-day HR support to the Global Relay team and work closely with the HR Manager to develop, implement and deliver HR programs. This role will require hands-on involvement in all aspects of HR including recruitment, performance management, health & safety initiatives, HR system implementation & maintenance, policy & procedure implementation and employee relations.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys building relationships, has a creative mind for problem solving and superb customer service skills.
• Provide support in the recruitment process: developing and maintaining job descriptions, developing job posting strategies, developing talent pipeline, screening resumes and interviewing
• Assist in performance management program; including facilitating employee annual review meetings and tracking employee performance
• Provide coaching to managers on employee relations and other HR-related issues
• Provide support in implementing and maintaining Global Relay’s Health & Safety initiatives
• Participate in strategic HR initiatives; including research & recommendation, ownership & participation in the development, implementation and maintenance of initiatives
• Provide counseling/coaching to employees
• Assist with ad hoc special projects as required
• 5+ years of experience in progressive HR positions in a high-tech or software technology environment
• Completion of post-secondary studies in Human Resources
• True HR Generalist with solid hands-on experience in all aspects of HR
• Knowledge in employment regulations including Employment Standards Act and Human Rights Act
• Knowledge of HR standards and best practices
• Experience in HRIS or other databases; advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite
• Must be able to show proven record of responsibility and judgment including exercise of discretion and confidentiality
• Keen attention to detail with strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Self starter who is comfortable working independently and with a team
• Flexibility and demonstrated ability to take initiatives
• Previous experience in implementing office Health & Safety initiatives is an asset
• Knowledge or experience in immigration policies is an asset
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document. Save your PDF using the following format to indicate your full name and application date e.g. John Smith (Apr 02 2012); and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference "HR Generalist_GRHR101" in subject line.
No phone call please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
To learn more about us and other career opportunities, please visit http://www.globalrelay.com/about-us/careers
- Date Posted:
- Nov 29, 2013 3:59 PM PST
- Global Relay Communications Inc.
Global Relay is the world leader in cloud-based messaging, archiving and search technology for the financial sector. Global Relay is headquartered in Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, London and Singapore. Since 1999, more than 15,000 firms spanning 90 countries have entrusted Global Relay to securely archive their electronic messaging — including email, instant messaging, BlackBerry, social media... more