Bionym develops the Nymi, a wristband that authenticates the wearer using unique characteristics of his/her cardiac signal (ECG). The Nymi is the first product to offer identity, proximity and motion information all in one wearable electronic device!
Bionym is looking for a talented Human Resources Manager to join our team. This individual will be tasked with building the company’s HR strategy and functions from the ground up, including developing and implementing tools and best practices. They must be highly organized, experienced, and detail-oriented. In this job, you will be expected to lead the company’s HR practices that will foster an employee focused, goal oriented, and high performance start-up culture.
Recruitment Responsibilities (50%):
• Establishing procedures for recruiting and hiring high quality technical professionals for software, firmware, and hardware positions.
• Developing job descriptions and determining the most effective posting platforms.
• Leading the hiring process through screening technical resumes, shortlisting candidates, and working with team leads to select superior candidates.
• Developing networks and contacts to locate suitable potential candidates.
• Working with stakeholders to create an effective hiring strategy.
Manager Responsibilities (50%):
• Developing, implementing, and administering payroll and benefits using HRIS software.
• Building and maintaining employee files.
• Creating and managing objectives and practices for employee relations.
• Providing training and guidance to management and staff on employee relations issues.
• Creating and implementing employee welfare, safety, and health systems.
• Ensuring HR Compliance to regulatory standards.
• CHRP designation.
• A bachelor degree in a related field an asset.
• Minimum of three years HR experience, recruiting for technical positions an asset.
• Must be able to effectively work independently as the sole HR employee.
• A proven track record of developing and implementing HR strategies and practices.
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
• Highly organized with exceptional problem solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and a passion for employee engagement.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and HRIS platforms.
• Office administrator experience an asset.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a permanent full time position with benefits. Compensation dependent on experience.
Step 1: Ask yourself if you can absolutely love this job!
Step 2: Submit your résumé via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the position title as “TITLE (#NUMBER)”. Please provide a single-page cover letter that describes a successfully executed project, representative of the skill you bring to Bionym as well as why you believe you are a good fit with the company.
- Date Posted:
- Mar 23, 2014 10:59 PM PDT
- Bionym Inc.
Bionym develops the Nymi, a wristband that authenticates the wearer using unique characteristics of his/her cardiac signal (ECG). The Nymi is the first product to offer identity, proximity and motion information all in one wearable electronic device! more