The Vancouver Board of Education (VSB) welcomes applications for the position of Information Technology Support (ITC)
Unified Communications and Messaging Architect
ITC - JOB BAND DESCRIPTION:
Completion of Grade 12 plus up to 6 years post-secondary training, and up to 6 years or more related experience. Establishes standards and writes specifications. Performs analytical, development and design work involving all phases of computer and network projects, system implementation and audio-visual programs. Plans and directs projects related to the installation of software, electronic and computer equipment, networks and communications and the operation of audio-visual equipment. Provides computer, telecommunications and multi-media technical training and assistance to district staff. Liaises with staff, external contractors and vendors and acts as a resource person for the management of various multi-department projects. May supervise or provide direction to support staff.
Completion of grade 12 plus a minimum four year degree in a relevant technology discipline or equivalent training and certification. A minimum of five years’ experience required in a relevant computer/technology discipline. Advanced skill in designing, implementing, problem solving, and supporting unified communications and electronic messaging systems, directory services, servers, and systems management tools. Plus skill in supporting network and security related technologies and systems. Experience working in a K-12 educational organization is preferred.
Candidate must demonstrate three core competencies (Collaboration, Communication, Problem Solving) and four role specific competencies (Accountability, Analytical Thinking, Initiative, Information System Knowledge) at the advanced level (see link for attached rubric http://govsb.ca/LITjobs). Must be able to meet the following assessment: hands-on 1 hour series of tasks/problems (70%+).
SOME EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Performs information technology support to the Division
• Research, design, architect, implement, monitor, troubleshoot, maintain, and support unified communications, voice-over-IP, and electronic messaging systems, and related infrastructure.
• Research and analyze emerging trends in technology and systems architecture, evaluate alternatives, and make recommendations.
• Establish standards and procedures, and write specifications, scripts, and documentation for technical architecture and systems.
• Plan and coordinate LIT projects and serve as a technical resource on inter-divisional project teams.
• Develop and communicate key messages for diverse audiences.
• Provide advanced technical support to LIT team members and clients.
• Install technology hardware and software including updates.
• Research, evaluate, and recommend vendor supplied applications and system features.
• Lead meetings, make presentations, and liaise with clients, contractors, vendors, external groups, and other stakeholders.
• Supervise, train, and provide direction to LIT team members.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Your application profile should include the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• Academic Transcript(s) for IT Degree
• Three Professional References from direct supervisors
This posting will remain open until filled.
Please note that in accordance with the Criminal Records Review Act, selected candidates not currently employed by the Vancouver Board of Education must sign a consent form to permit a criminal record review and remit a $28 processing fee; employment with the Vancouver Board of Education is subject to passing this criminal record review.
- Date Posted:
- Jul 15, 2014 10:12 AM PDT
- SD 39, Vancouver School District
Work in BC’s most culturally diverse and urban school district, Vancouver School District No. 39. Set in one of the world’s most livable cities, Vancouver is a community-minded district seeking talented educators, progressive leaders, and skilled support staff to enrich the learning experience of Vancouver’s 50,000 students. more