About the Gig:
You'd think you'd get used to the standing ovations, high-fives, and a near-perfect close-rate. But not you, future Account Director for Top Hat! You dream in demos, cold calling makes you smile and closing a sale tastes better than ice-cold lemonade on a hot day.
Top Hat is looking for amazing people to join our sales team in our Toronto office! We’re looking for highly motivated, energetic
self-starters with unparalleled interpersonal skills. You'll be responsible for reaching out to professors, getting them excited about the platform and bringing Top Hat into as many classrooms as possible.
• In this role, you will reach out to professors, educating them on how Top Hat is revolutionizing the world of education and why they should use our platform in their classrooms
• Run demonstrations on a screen sharing software and in-person
• Manage special projects for the executive team when required
• You are highly motivated, energetic and have unparalleled interpersonal and communication skills.
• You have previous cold-calling experience in an outbound sales environment (or are incredibly eager to learn!)
• You are detail-oriented and a self-starter
• You have completed a bachelor's degree or have demonstrated equivalent experience
About Top Hat:
If you’ve been to university, you understand the nut Top Hat is trying to crack. Your professor starts to talk, and you really do have every intention of listening. But within about five minutes, your good intentions fly out the window and you begin to surf Facebook, catch some Zz’s or, if you’re feeling really ambitious, start working on a problem set for a completely unrelated class. When you join our team, you’ll be helping higher education find its mojo!
Your work will touch hundreds of thousands of paying customers (300,000 and growing every day). Plus, you’ll be helping the world’s best and brightest have fun and learn more. We officially launched a little over four years ago, and we’re already profitable and are growing like crazy! Lucky for you, we’re small but mighty. That means you get to influence everything we do.
Here are a few of the many reasons you want to join us:
• Outstanding company culture, with a team that is super smart, highly motivated & stoked to be a part of a company that is changing the face of education.
• What’s up free deliciousness? Catered breakfast and rad lunch cooked by our chef.
• Conveniently located right by College & Yonge metro stop, with subsidized metro passes
• Our investors' portfolio companies include Salesforce, Yammer & box.net. We're in good hands and in good company.
• Competitive health and dental benefits
• We are looking for people who want to grow with us and are in it for the long haul.
• We are one of the top education technology companies in North America (named one of the Top 50 Companies to Watch by Deloitte Consulting)
• You can wear whatever you want, but we hope you'll get behind our Top Hat traditions of Plaid Tuesdays and Tip Top Fridays!
Please apply via the link below.
- Date Posted:
- Jan 5, 2015 8:51 AM PST
- Top Hat
- Top Hat
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Top Hat helps make every lecture count by transforming students' mobile devices into powerful tools for active learning. Using Top Hat, professors can ask questions, moderate discussions, host tournaments and more to help professors teach and students learn more effectively. Top Hat is used in over 400 universities around the world, including Harvard, Stanford & the University of Waterloo. more