Vancouver Film School programs focus on industries that use moving images, graphics, sound and text as fundamental components for communication, information and story. VFS programs regularly and continually evolve in response to the current industry methodology, technology and need. VFS offers world recognized, full-time, one-year programs in Film Production, 3D Animation & Visual Effects, Classical Animation, Digital Character Animation, Sound Design, Writing, Acting, Makeup Design, Digital Design, Game Design, Foundation Visual Art & Design, and Programming for Games, Web & Mobile. These one-year programs are intensive, focused on the field of study and immerse students in industry-like settings and situations in order to best prepare them for work in their chosen field.
VFS is currently accepting applications for a full-time position of Instructor – Level Design in the Game Design department.
Reporting to the Head of Game Design and Programming for Games, Web & Mobile, the Instructor is responsible for delivering curriculum effectively and providing feedback to students.
• Working from a course syllabus, develop lesson plans detailing what will be taught and how the course material will be delivered
• In consultation with other staff, develop innovative mechanisms to teach Level Design and Level Design Theory such as Paper Planning and White Boxing, and Level Design tools such as UDK and Unity
• Work closely with the Department Head to ensure class curriculum is accurate, up-to-date, and communicated to students in a clear and concise manner
• Instruct students on Level Design Theory that is important to design and game design, which includes an overview of the entire process from concept to delivery in final game
• Provide students with guidance in issues relating to Level Design
• Appreciate, display, and promote the collaborative nature of the game production environment
• Instruct and mentor students on the various technical problems encountered during creation and implementation of Level Design
• Class attendance and grading
• Individual guidance of students where appropriate
• Punctual and conscientious management of classes
• Collaboration with the instructors of the practical application of Level Design
• Collaboration with Head of Department and faculty on progression of courses
• Other duties as assigned by the Head of Department
Skills, Experience, and Education
• Post-secondary certificate, diploma, or degree – or equivalent – and/or three years of industry experience or software certification where applicable
• Demonstrable familiarity and experience with Level Design and implementation
• A minimum of one accredited published game title or three years of industry experience in an appropriate area of game development
• Experience working with and teaching students is advantageous
• Ability to lead workshops, lectures, and seminars
• Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
If you meet the profile above and would like to be part of our growing organization, we invite you to apply for this position through the online application on the following link:
Please note that your resume and cover letter must be uploaded in either PDF or Word format. Email applications will not be accepted.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our company, visit our website at www.vfs.edu.
- Date Posted:
- Apr 23, 2014 10:54 AM PDT
- Vancouver Film School