We're looking for an experienced Interactive Designer to join our team, someone who's been around the block few times, someone that's equally adept at solving business problems through design as they are setting type.
This role demands a strong strategic and conceptual thinker who can develop ideas and effectively communicate with clients and team members alike. It's a full time position in the Gastown area.
The fundamentals of good design is agnostic to medium, and we prefer a candidate who is well rounded. Your work should be crafted with purpose and utility, and you will be expected to present work regularly to the internal team and clients alike. The ability to articulate ideas and communicate directly with clients is paramount.
You will be on our information gathering and discovery team, write creative summaries, assemble mood boards, build wireframes, design responsive websites, present work and collaborate with developers.
We want to make it clear that we're not looking for a Dribbble super hero. We are looking for a person that looks at design holistically, uses it to solve real business problems, and is not bound by a single aesthetic or trend.
- 2 - 3 years of professional experience designing for the screen
- Ability to translate brand characteristics, personalities, and business goals into successful design solutions
- Know your way around Adobe Suite
- General familiarity with HTML and CSS (at the very least, a rudimentary understanding of how things work under the hood)
- A fundamental understanding of usability principles for the web, awareness of the opportunities and limitations of designing for the multiscreen world
- The ability to write meaningfully about the strategy and purpose of design
- Comfortable communicating with client teams, leading discussions on design and translating needs into solutions
- A great attitude and a lack of ego; please no design prima-donnas
Nice to have
- Ability to write code and willingness to jump into the markup and make tweaks to type, layout, colours
- Experience building working prototypes and testing layouts with Foundation
- Building practical IA using analytics data, heatmaps, and best practices
- An active interest in photography
- An interest in concepting and storyboarding video projects
We'll pay you a good salary that's commensurate with what you bring to the table. We provide a flexible schedule, extended health, dental, snacks, coffee, a learning stipend, and a great work environment with a view of the water and mountains.
Sound like you? You should apply! Send in a cover letter and CV at the URL below.
- Date Posted:
- May 29, 2015 2:19 PM PDT