Atomic Crayon has an opening for an Intermediate ASP.NET Developer for work on application development projects for both public and private sector clients. The role typically involves working as part of a team to design, develop, test, and support programs for web-enabled applications, websites, database systems, and client-server applications.
We're seeking an active problem solver that is organized and thoughtful, genuinely enjoys working with web technologies, and is always striving to improve themselves and the projects they work on.
The following skills and capabilities would be necessary to achieve success in the position:
- 3 to 5 years experience with ASP.NET and WebForms using C# (preferred) or VB.NET on the .NET Framework 2.0 or higher.
- Strong understanding of ASP.NET and WebForms including user controls, master pages, data binding and the ASP.NET page lifecycle.
- Strong understanding of version control concepts and experience with at least one version control system such as Mercurial (preferred) or Subversion.
- Strong understanding of how the HTTP protocol works.
- Strong understanding of how to administrate IIS web server version 7 and higher.
- Working knowledge of relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012 and MySQL 5.
- Experience writing SQL, stored procedures and designing databases.
- Working knowledge of Visual Studio 2010 or higher.
- Familiar with VBScript and Classic ASP.
- Familiar with PHP5.
- Familiar with HTML 4/5 and CSS 2.1/3.
Desired, but not required:
The following skills and capabilities would be considered advantageous in the position:
- Experience developing mobile applications or building web sites targeting mobile devices.
- Experience using the “big four” browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Safari.
- Experience with DNS, particularly A, CNAME and MX records.
- Experience with Content Management Systems.
- Experience with an MVC framework such as ASP.NET MVC or Castle MonoRail.
- Experience with a unit testing framework such as NUnit (preferred), XUnit or similar.
- Experience with a high level scripting language, such as Python, for the purposes of automation and deployment.
- Date Posted:
- Jul 31, 2013 11:06 AM PDT
- Atomic Crayon
Atomic Crayon has become one of the leading web design and development agencies in British Columbia. Our team is comprised of designers, information architects, coders, trainers and database specialists that have extensive experience in website development, internet strategy, systems development and technology integration. more