Mobify is looking for an experienced Intermediate Back-End Engineer to join our Product Team. You'll be designing and building core components of our next-generation platform serving billions of page views for some of the most recognized brands in the world.
As a part of the Product team, a group talented engineers and designers building innovative new products, you'll be investigating and implementing experimental technologies and new approaches. From prototyping to deployment, you'll have input into each step of our agile development process. You will work with other engineering team members to build our back-end as well as with designers to develop the user experience.
Want to find out more? Check out our open source projects, engineering or culture blog.
The responsibilities of the Intermediate Back-End Engineer will include the following:
- Make innovative contributions in the development of our next generation products
- Gather and curate product requirements
- Assist in evaluating technology choices and rapidly prototype solutions
- Work with the team to solve architectural challenges
- Develop scalable systems using our core stack: Django, Flask, Node.js, Postgres
- Participate in a DevOps & scrum (agile) software development environment
The Intermediate Back-End Engineer will possess the following qualifications:
- A degree or diploma in Computer Science or Engineering
- A minimum of 3 years experience developing with web technologies
- Expertise in Python
- Experience in Machine Learning
- Experience working as part of a team developing complex web applications
- An established record of shipping products either independently or as part of a small team
- Knowledge about the latest trends in web gathered through industry research and conference attendance
- A history of contributing to the engineering community through open source projects or scholarly publications
- Experience working in a start-up environment
Mobify (www.mobify.com) is the mobile shopping platform of choice for leading global retailers. We power shopping around the world through web, apps and brick and mortar stores.
Mobify's platform empowers marketers and developers at companies like Ann Taylor, Crocs, ideeli, Leading Hotels of the World, British Telecom and Beyond the Rack to deliver exceptional mobile shopping experiences that improve customer experience, and grow revenue.
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada