Job ID: GRDV186
Location: Vancouver, BC
Term: Permanent Full Time
Global Relay is the world leader in cloud-based messaging, archiving and search technology for the financial sector. Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, London and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and were recognized by numerous awards including Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2012 and 2011), CEO of the Year (for our CEO Warren Roy in 2012) and Deloitte's list of 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2012).
Since 1999, more than 16,000 firms spanning 90 countries have entrusted Global Relay to securely archive their electronic messaging -- including email, instant messaging, BlackBerry, social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook) and more. Our intuitive apps for iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry and Android let people access all their communications anytime, anywhere. With over 200 employees, Global Relay is growing at a rapid pace in Vancouver and internationally. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create cool technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Apply today -- we have three floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit (www.globalrelay.com)
We are looking for experienced developers to join our growing team. This is a unique opportunity to enjoy challenging work with a great group of passionate professionals in a booming industry. Working in a fast-paced Agile web development environment, you will be guiding project stakeholders and team members to design, develop and implement web applications and web services used in our enterprise solutions.
- Work as part of an agile development team to write C# code for enterprise services.
- Write unit tests for your C# code.
- Design in collaboration with team the software implementations that satisfy business requirements.
- Collaborate with QA in development of test cases.
- Develop deployment system for IIS and Windows services.
- Document code and detail designs.
- Collaborate with product owners on user story generation and refinement.
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities with colleagues.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of C# developer experience.
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Experience with test driven development.
- Experience with continuous integration systems.
- Experience with dependency injection containers.
- Experience with network protocols such as HTTP, TLS, TCP.
- Experience with service oriented architecture including REST and JSON.
- Experience with object relational mapping architecture including T-SQL, NHibernate, Entity Framework.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming.
- Experience with design patterns.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document. Save your PDF using the following format to indicate your full name and application date e.g. John Smith (Apr 02 2012); and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference "Intermediate C# Developer_GRDV186" in subject line.
No phone call please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Date Posted:
- Nov 27, 2013 3:20 PM PST
- Global Relay Communications Inc.
Global Relay is the world leader in cloud-based messaging, archiving and search technology for the financial sector. Global Relay is headquartered in Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, London and Singapore. Since 1999, more than 15,000 firms spanning 90 countries have entrusted Global Relay to securely archive their electronic messaging — including email, instant messaging, BlackBerry, social media... more