Job ID: GRDV213/214
Location: Vancouver, BC
Term: Permanent Full time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 18,000 customers in 90 countries. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and were recognized by numerous awards including Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2012 and 2011), Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), and Deloitte's list of 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2013).
With over 325 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create cool technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Apply today – we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit (www.globalrelay.com).
• Work as part of an Agile Development team to write Java code for enterprise services
• Write unit tests for your Java code
• Design, in collaboration with the team, the software implementations that satisfy business requirements
• Collaborate with QA in development of test cases for Java code
• Develop deployment systems for Java based systems
• Document code and document detail designs
• Collaborate with product owners on user story generation and refinement
• Participate in knowledge sharing activities with colleagues
Technical Skills Requirements:
• Minimum 5 years of Java developer experience
• Experience with Agile Development Methodologies
• Experience with test driven development
• Experience with continuous integration systems
• Experience with dependency injection containers
• Experience with network protocols such as HTTP, TLS, and TCP
• Experience with service oriented architecture including REST and JSON
• Experience with multi-threaded programming
• Experience with design patterns
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to: email@example.com. Save your PDF using the following format "FirstName LastName (Application Date)". Reference "Int Java Developer_GRDV213/214” in email subject line.
No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Date Posted:
- Dec 23, 2014 4:35 PM PST
- Global Relay Communications Inc.
- Global Relay Communications Inc.
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 18,000 customers in 90 countries. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry,... more