At Vena Solutions, our mission is to help smart companies better manage their data, spreadsheets, and files. Our cloud solution leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding web-based automated workflows and a powerful cloud-hosted database to make mission-critical Finance and Accounting processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian startups, we’re part of a growing industry where there are many opportunities for new solutions and product innovation in response to real world business problems.
About the Role
We’re looking for a passionate Intermediate Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst with a strong technical background who thrives in a fast-paced, client-centric, entrepreneurial environment. In this role at Vena you will be responsible for the development, execution and maintenance of manual and automated tests to support functional and regression test cycles. In addition, the Intermediate Quality Assurance Analyst will work with Product Development and Professional Services to create and maintain test environments and frameworks for standardized test processes based on software testing methodologies and industry best practices.
- Analyze existing projects and requirements to identify test requirements
- Build QA design and create test strategy, test plans and test cases
- Execute manual and automated tests
- Contribute to the building and implementing of best fit testing methodologies
- Identify and execute test strategies for functional, integration and regression testing
- Lead document reviews of test plans and test cases
- Lead bug triage meetings and prioritize issues based on the client and project needs
- Participate in release management meetings, provide testing stats on the test coverage and number of bugs found to assist in determining the release readiness of a project
- Own the lifecycle of issues/bugs being recorded, tracked, resolved and closed
- Effectively communicate regarding QA issues based on acquired knowledge and be persuasive in addressing findings
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- Two to three (2 – 3) years’ hands-on experience in a QA role
- Demonstrated knowledge of testing and software fundamentals and methodologies
- Proficiency with MS Excel
- Experience with development/bug tracking tools (i.e. Pivotal Tracker, JIRA, etc.)
- Ability to plan and develop test cases for full requirement testing coverage
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate as an integral team member
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate and work with cross-functional stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and ability to analyze how product changes affect all product components
- Extremely thorough and detail oriented
- Experience working with relational databases (SQL, MS SQL, Oracle or DB2)
- Experience with automated testing using either commercial or homegrown tools (i.e. QTP, Selenium)
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Local candidates only. No agencies please.
Should you require accommodation throughout any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please describe your requirements to email@example.com when making an application and we will be sure any accommodation needs are met.
- Date Posted:
- Jul 14, 2014 10:35 AM PDT
- Vena Solutions
About Vena At Vena Solutions, our mission is to help smart companies better manage their data, spreadsheets, and files. Our cloud solution leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding web-based automated workflows and a powerful cloud-hosted database to make mission-critical Finance and Accounting processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian... more