About our team:
- Writing user stories, gathering requirements and estimating the tasks to deliver the features.
- Being a quick learner who can work independently or with 1-2 other developers.
- Designing prototypes and proofs of concept, then developing full feature sets.
- Designing RESTful API’s for distributed components and services.
- Writing appropriate unit tests that validate the features in your code.
- Performing peer code reviews.
- Collaborating with product managers and the development team to review and prioritize requirements.
- Identifying and anticipating problems that will become roadblocks to delivering features on time.
Desired, must have, skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or Electrical Engineering.
- 3+ years professional experience in software development.
- Experience designing relational database tables and writing SQL queries.
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Experience with CSS and layout frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation).
- Experience developing single page web applications.
- Experience on an agile team—Scrum or Kanban.
- Promise-based programming.
- Mobile development.
Additional nice to have experience:
- Experience deploying upgrades into a live, mission critical production environment.
- Domain driven design experience.
- Experience designing micro-services.
- Linux/Ubuntu server side scripting.
- Automation and deployment (Ansible) and build tools (Jenkins).
- Npm, git or bitbucket distributed source control experience.
- PostgreSQL, CouchDB and/or MongoDB database experience.
- Experience developing cloud based services.
- WebStorm development environment experience.
Stratagen Systems is focused on delivering high performance software products for paratransit. We develop web based products that interface with GPS and mobile devices, and provide optimized routing solutions for vehicles. We design, build and deploy hardware, software systems and applications that move thousands of people every day. Our team is responsible for ensuring that transportation agencies and providers across the globe operate as efficiently as possible. To do so we build and are constantly innovating on the best ways to coordinate passengers, agencies, operators and drivers with the best technologies available.For more information please visit us at www.stratagen.com
DDS Wireless International is a global provider of end-to-end wireless mobile data solutions to multiple markets focusing on real-time dispatching, vehicle location and tracking, and computerized routing and scheduling through its four market-focused business units.
Does this sound like a fit for you? If so, we want to hear from you. Kindly submit your resume together with a cover letter. Please reference "Software Development Engineer - YOUR NAME" in the subject line. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Date Posted:
- Aug 25, 2015 10:53 AM PDT
- DDS Wireless International, Inc.
- DDS Wireless International, Inc.
- Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
Digital Dispatch Systems is the world leader in providing taxi fleet management solutions, having installed over 75,000 mobile devices and nearly 200 taxi dispatch systems on four continents. With core competencies in taxi software and hardware, computer aided dispatch, public data networks, private mobile radio, wireless data, card-based payments, mobile media and much more, DDS is the best... more