Job ID: GRQA154
Location: Vancouver, BC
Term: Permanent Full Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 18,000 customers in 90 countries. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and were recognized by numerous awards including Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2012 and 2011), Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), and Deloitte's list of 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2013).
With over 325 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create cool technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Apply today – we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit (www.globalrelay.com).
The Intermediate/Senior QA Analyst is responsible for test automation and manual testing as part of an Agile team. The Service Infrastructure team is responsible for ensuring that the infrastructure for Global Relay’s next generation enterprise services provide the features and usability required by the feature teams and by the customers that integrate with the Global Relay infrastructure services.
The Service Infrastructure team collects many different kinds of events from many different applications in the business, transports and stores them reliably, and makes them available in different forms to different users (web applications, emailed reports, etc.) The primary domains for these infrastructure services are reporting and analytics. The team has a portfolio of products under their control all related to internal infrastructure and customer service integration. The successful candidate is also expected to work closely with the team members on identification and execution of new processes during the release cycle.
• Work with other QA Analysts and Developers to define and execute test cases
• Responsible for understanding the application under test along with the supporting infrastructure
• Responsible for test case reviews of other team members
• Responsible for assistance with the setup and trouble-shooting of test environments that are owned by the team
• Responsible for participating in various presentations to the product owner or other key stakeholders
• Identify, report, and verify software defects by working with developers to help reproduce and resolve bugs
• Granular understanding of points of integration between product under test and other test suites
• Participate in documentation of team QA methodologies and technical QA requirements/findings
• Contribute suggestions with respect to QA Processes on the team and assist with the implementation of said processes
• Provide meaningful feedback to the Senior team members on critical issues in a timely fashion, with relevant suggestions
• Training of new QA team members in areas of expertise
• Accountable for production issues in areas where testing was performed by this individual; work with the Support team and other departments to narrow down production issues, when applicable
• Work on Automation of test cases
• Contribute to the infrastructural Automation decisions and their implementation
• Work with other QA Analyst(s) in definition and implementation of new QA Tools
• Participate in the selection of testing methodologies for a product and release and the implementation of the said methodologies
• In-depth understanding of how QA fits into the Agile Process at Global Relay
• Spear-head QA initiatives specific to internal QA Projects provided by the QA Manager or isolated testing/automation efforts within the team to accomplish a set goal
• 5+ years of experience in a Quality Assurance role with a focus on test case design and planning
• Experience with building and maintaining automated testing frameworks in Java that address a business need
• Experience with an IDE such as Eclipse
• Experience with version control such as GIT and SVN
• Familiarity with Agile development such as Scrum or Kanban
• Understanding of continuous integration systems such as Bamboo
• Comfortable with Linux environments and command line
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Prior exposure to Selenium Web Driver
• Previous work with different automated tools
• Experience with build tools such as Maven
• Prior testing experience associated with Business Intelligence or reporting systems
• Previous exposure to TestLog for testcase management is beneficial
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Save your PDF using the following format "FirstName LastName (Application Date)". Reference "Int/Sr QA Analyst-SIN_GRQA154” in email subject line.
No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Date Posted:
- Jun 2, 2014 1:31 PM PDT
- Global Relay Communications Inc.
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 18,000 customers in 90 countries. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android,... more