Length of Assignment: Full time and contracts (Strong likelihood for extension)
Looking for a new challenge? Now’s your chance to work on a high-performance, large-scale web application used by millions.
HootSuite is seeking multiple Software Engineers -- both back-end and front-end -- to join our fast-growing and fast-moving team.
As part of HootSuite's Engineering team, you'll design, implement and ship software that helps our customers can manage and measure their social networks. You'll also tackle the technical challenges of implementing a service-oriented architecture, improving web performance when operating at a massive scale, and contributing to our technical roadmap.
- Ship high-quality, working software to HootSuite’s customers
- Work with a small team to understand our business initiatives and turn those into shippable experiments on our products
- Nurture the development of more junior Engineers
- Contribute to our technical evolution by sharing your knowledge with our Engineering teams
- Provide Engineering subject matter expertise and thought leadership within HootSuite and the broader technical community
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience building high-performance, large-scale, distributed server applications and reliable web software using PHP, Java, and/or Scala.
- Experience with and solid understanding of HTML/CSS and CSS pre-processors
- Experience working with MySQL (or other RDBMS) and Memcached
- Familiarity with and an opinion on NoSQL data stores (MongoDB, Redis, Riak, etc)
- A passion for automation, including writing unit tests and integration tests
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- B.S. Computer Science or related field or related experience
- Experience building mobile web applications
- Experience with functional programming languages (Haskell, Scheme, Clojure)
- Understanding of how to write garbage collector-friendly code
- Experience with Actor systems (Akka, Erlang)
- Familiarity with Future/Promise constructs
- Understanding of the CAP theorem and why P is not optional
- Understanding why ZeroMQ over AMQP and vice versa
- Experience implementing APIs for social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+)
Technology Breakdown: (If your skill set falls into any of these categories, we would love to hear from you.)
- PHP/LAMP stack
- Zend, symphony, Cake, or other MVC frameworks
- Redis & Riak
- CSS preprocessors: SASS, LESS
- Selenium, Casper.js, or Jasmine
- You have a sizeable portfolio of 'Difficult problems... solved'
- You like to ship things you design and build
- You like to move fast, make decisions, and take calculated risks
- You like to take calculated risks
- You have a github account with public projects, not just forks
- We like to learn by working in small, rapid iterations
- We like to make things visible so others can understand them, challenge them, solve them
- We get things done
Impress us with your passion and your dedication. Send more than just a resume @ www.hootsuite.com/careers
- Date Posted:
- Sep 30, 2013 5:38 PM PDT
- HootSuite Media, Inc.
HootSuite is a social relationship platform for businesses and organizations to collaboratively execute social media strategies across multiple social networks from one secure, web-based dashboard. Launch marketing campaigns, identify and grow audience, and distribute targeted messages using HootSuite’s unique social media dashboard. Streamline team workflow with scheduling and assignment tools and reach audiences... more