Working at Payfirma
Do you love problem solving and working with new technology?
Payfirma supports a healthy lifestyle and culturally diverse environment. Located in the heart of Vancouver’s lively financial district, Payfirma is walking distance from beaches, shops, restaurants, and public transit. With access to an extensive Harvard approved library, catered lunch and learns, mentorship training, and an education fund, we encourage a fast-growing, highly dynamic career. We strongly believe in internal growth, and by allowing our Payfirmites to be promoted within, we encourage lifelong learning.
Enjoy a rewarding and challenging startup environment filled with fun perks!
As a key member of the Product team, you'll test the PayHQ platform and our mobile apps. While ensuring our projects meet the high standards, you’ll act as a contributor for quality and excellence and will be involved in each step of the process from planning to launch.
- Take a lead role in the testing of multiple projects while applying standard QA procedures.
- Provide clear and detailed issue reports to both the Product and Development teams.
- Collaborate with cross discipline teams to provide an amazing customer experience across Payfirma’s solutions.
- Participate in the planning, creation and execution of test cases, defect reporting, defect verification and general documentation.
- Work with designers and developers at all stages of product development to verify quality.
- Primary contact/gate keeper for escalated issues and follow-up with our Customer Success and Support teams.
- Complete manual and automated testing whenever appropriate.
- Provide feedback to improve development and testing practices.
- Reporting details of all known issues into JIRA.
- Documentation of releases and updates into Confluence.
Skills and Expertise
- 5+ years of software QA/testing experience conducting functional, integration and regression testing.
- Strong understanding of testing principles and techniques.
- Creative and curious.
- Strong ability to adopt a customer’s point of view and expectations while testing from their perspective.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of familiarity with common browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc), iOS and Android operating systems, and other mobile applications.
- Familiarity with black and gray box testing.
- Relentless, fearless, and committed to the team’s success.
- Any experience in payment processing and/or eCommerce applications and software is a big plus.
Compensation package is commensurate with experience. Employee will be paid a competitive base salary, potential commissions and annual bonuses. Payfirma also offers one of the best medical and dental benefit packages in Canada and a healthy stock option plan that ensures you succeed when we succeed.
- Date Posted:
- Mar 31, 2015 2:08 PM PDT
- Payfirma Corporation
- Payfirma Corporation
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Payfirma helps you accept credit card payments online, in your store, and on your mobile device. Our cloud platform processes your payments and puts all your transaction data in one place. With you data in one place, you can use your numbers to make smarter business decisions about your customers, products, and employees. more