The use of Social Media by businesses has exploded. They’re becoming more sophisticated, more demanding and need solutions that keep pace. With more than 7 million of the worlds most active and influential users of Social Media onboard, including 79 of the Fortune 100, HootSuite is the Social Media Management solution businesses around the world turn to for help.
Operating in this competitive market requires constant innovation and forward thinking product development. To outpace the market, Hootsuite has established Hootsuite Labs, an organization within the company, charged with fostering innovation and developing new products. The group is made up of seasoned industry veterans and highly talented developers and designers.
As a Software Engineer at HootSuite, you'll work on a team of talented and passionate designers, engineers and product experts to build and ship industry-leading software that millions depend on -- including 75% of the Fortune 1,000 companies.
Read about some of the things we're doing here: http://code.hootsuite.com
- Work shoulder to shoulder with talented, fun-loving engineers working on challenging problems.
- Collaborate in small teams to design, build, and ship high quality software to Hootsuite's customers
- Iterate in an agile fashion, creating hypotheses and testing them with incremental code shipments -- we ship code more than 12 times per day
- Find opportunities to lead by nurturing the development of more junior Engineers
- Share your knowledge within the Engineering team as well as within the broader technical community by giving tech talks and writing blog posts
- Shape our engineering culture by improving our processes and codebases
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience building high-performance, large-scale, distributed server applications
- Intermediate knowledge MySQL (or other RDMBS) and Memcached
- Familiarity with (and an opinion on) NoSQL data stores
- Experience working with REST APIs (bonus if you’ve worked with Twitter or Facebook APIs)
- A passion for automation and unit testing -- bonus if you’ve worked with grunt, Jasmine, Casper.js, or Selenium
- A desire to move fast, ship things, make our customers happy, and get things done
- A history of open source contributions and/or personal projects you’ve shipped
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or related experience
- Experience with AWS (and VPCs).
- Experience with OpenStack/CloudStack
- Experience with Ansible.
- You are keen on new technologies and techniques -- eg. Docker, LXC, Go
- Date Posted:
- Jul 4, 2014 11:39 AM PDT
- Hootsuite Media, Inc.
Hootsuite is the world’s most widely used social media relationship platform. More than 10 million users, including 744 of the Fortune 1000 companies, trust Hootsuite to manage their social media programs across multiple social networks from one integrated dashboard. Learn more about how Hootsuite is revolutionizing communication at http://www.hootsuite.com. more