Mobify is looking for a junior to intermediate back-end software engineer to join our Product team. You'll be designing and building core components of our next-generation platform serving billions of page views for some of the most recognized brands in the world.
As a part of the Product team, a group talented engineers and designers building innovative new products, you'll be investigating and implementing experimental technologies and new approaches. From prototyping to deployment, you'll have input into each step of our agile development process. You will work with other engineering team members to build our back-end as well as with designers to develop the user experience. This is an junior to intermediate level position, and it is also on-site. Candidates must be in or willing to relocate to Vancouver, Canada.
Want to find out more? Check out https//github.com/mobify or http://www.mobify.com/blog/.
- Gather and curate product requirements
- Rapidly prototype solutions
- Work with a talented team to design great software
- Develop scalable systems using our core stack: Django, Flask, Node.js, Postgres
- Participate in a DevOps & scrum (agile) software development environment
- Have an established record of shipping products either independently or as part of a small team
- Have a background in distributed systems, networking, performance, or databases
- Are knowledgeable and enthusiastic about modern web technologies
- Contribute to open source projects, speak at meetups or conferences
- Maintain a personal or community website, portfolio, or side project
- Active on Github, blogs, Twitter, or HackerNews
- Experience working in a start-up environment