InfoMine is the world leader in providing mining knowledge, delivering content via our websites, email, social media, Apps, conferences, courses, webcasts and more. InfoMine does not mine minerals - it makes mining minerals more efficient. It is a mine of information about the global mining industry, with a portfolio of tools to help extract precisely the information one requires.
As the Senior Applications Developer, you will mentor, provide feedback and guide team members in best practices. You will lead a small but dedicated team of developers through all stages of product development: planning, progress tracking, code review, testing, documentation, debugging and troubleshooting through deployment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all software applications development is secure, safe and generally protects our consumers and our business
- Maintain and evolve content management and version control systems
- Establish the most efficient build, test and deployment processes fitting to the applications development
- Develop and implement standards and procedures aligned with business and resource success
- Stay current with trends and best practices
- Participate and lead specific projects
- Perform project and resource management/scheduling to maximize results
- Ensure IT/Production infrastructure is actively evolving to meet the business needs
- Consult, advise and serve our business units and regional offices as well as external clients ad partners
- Experience in scaled out environments, distributed caching, NOSQL, SOLR/ElasticSearch/Lucene
- Experience architecting frameworks, large scale systems, and services
- Demonstrated experience and understanding in business processes
- 5+ years of experience in at least 1 modern programming language, preferably .Net/C#
- Exceptional understanding of data structures, algorithms and software design patterns.
- Experience with version control, preferentially SVN or GIT.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a software team leadership or manager role responsible for leadership of 2-5 developers;
- Strong object oriented design and data structure skills
- Strong application design, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong software architectural skills.
To apply to this position, please send a covering letter and your resume.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Date Posted:
- Mar 5, 2015 1:32 PM PST
- InfoMine Inc.
- InfoMine Inc.
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
InfoMine is the world leader in providing mining knowledge, delivering content via our websites, email, social media, Apps, conferences, courses, webcasts and more. InfoMine does not mine minerals - it makes mining minerals more efficient. It is a mine of information about the global mining industry, with a portfolio of tools to help you extract precisely the information you require. more