Techvibes Employer of the Year in 2013.
As a Lead Software Engineer on the iOS team at Hootsuite, you'll work with talented and passionate engineers to build and ship industry-leading software that millions depend on, including 79% of the Fortune 100 companies.
We’re looking for amazing engineers and leaders who love Android and mobile apps, love tackling difficult problems, and love providing technical and managerial leadership to small teams.
At Hootsuite, you’ll get plenty of opportunities to learn, you'll collaborate with other outstanding engineers, and you'll play an active role in shaping our product and our culture.
Read about some of the things we're doing here: http://code.Hootsuite.com
- Divide your time between management responsibilities and writing code.
- Work shoulder to shoulder with talented, fun-loving engineers working on challenging problems.
- Collaborate in small teams to design, build, and ship high quality software to HootSuite's customers.
- Act as a mentor and manager for a team of Android engineers. Nurture their career development and focus them on results.
- Help shape our long-term technical roadmap as we build the next generation of our mobile apps and APIs.
- Iterate in an agile fashion, creating hypotheses and testing them with incremental code shipments through continuous integration.
- Share your knowledge within the Engineering team as well as within the broader technical community by giving tech talks and writing blog posts.
- Shape our engineering culture by improving our processes and codebases.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 8+ years of software development experience in Java.
- 2+ years working with Android specifically. You’ve shipped at least one app to the Play Store and understand the ins and outs of fragments, animation, threading, SQLite, and the latest Android APIs.
- Proven skills leading teams to create high-performance Android applications. You’ve got a portfolio of large projects that you’ve driven to completion.
- Experience mentoring and coaching more junior engineers. You’re good at motivating, managing, and empowering others.
- Deep understanding of the process of building, debugging, and profiling Android apps.
- A passion for automation, including writing unit tests and automation tests. Bonus points if you’re experienced with Instrumentation tests, Dagger, Calabash, and/or Robolectric.
- Experience working with REST APIs (bonus if you’ve worked with Twitter or Facebook APIs).
- A desire to move fast, ship things, make our customers happy, and get things done.
- A history of open source contributions and/or personal projects you’ve shipped.
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or related experience.
- Date Posted:
- Jun 13, 2014 9:45 AM PDT
- HootSuite Media, Inc.
HootSuite is a social relationship platform for businesses and organizations to collaboratively execute social media strategies across multiple social networks from one secure, web-based dashboard. Launch marketing campaigns, identify and grow audience, and distribute targeted messages using HootSuite’s unique social media dashboard. Streamline team workflow with scheduling and assignment tools and reach audiences... more