Location: London, Canada
Autodata Solutions is looking for a Linux Systems Administrator for their London, Ontario office.
Working in an infrastructure support environment, this role will participate in the ongoing deployment and support of a large data center. As a multi flavor (Redhat, Suse, Mandrake, CentOS) Linux subject matter expert, the position encompasses responsibilities for configuring, installing and testing the technology components of system solutions and includes the preparation of technical project documentation. This role is one of a team of technical experts specializing in the delivery of services from a 24x7 data center operation and requires on-call pager duties
- On site & remote administration of day to day activities in a complex site alone or assists in the administration of a large site
- Initiate some new responsibilities and help plan for the future of the site/network
- Manage junior system administrators/operators
- Evaluate and/or recommend purchases
- Assist Senior System Administrator with purchase justifications/business cases
- Participate in designing backup/disaster recovery solutions
- Assist with performance management and system configuration tuning
- Degree/diploma in computer science or equivalent
- Comfortable with most aspects of operating system administration: configuration of mail systems, system installation and configuration, printer systems, fundamentals of security, installing third-party software
- Solid understanding of a Unix-based operating system; understand paging and swapping, inter-process communication, devices and what device drivers do, filesystem concepts (inode, clustering, logical partitions)
- Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; can configure NFS, NIS/NIS+, LDAP, automounter, DNS/BIND, license managers; can use nslookup or dig to check information in DNS and understand basic routing concepts
- Knowledge of highly complex TCP/IP networks (networks that contain multiple routers, switches, hubs, Vlans and firewalls)
- Experience with host security (e.g. passwords, uids/gids, SIDs, file permissions, ACLs, filesystem integrity, use of security packages)
Autodata Solutions is a technology integration and products company serving the world's auto industry with data aggregation, syndication, technology and custom solutions. It is our mission to provide online applications and customer solutions that increase the effectiveness of the automotive sales chain. We have a broad production and operations footprint with hosting facilities across North America using a wide variety of technologies, stacks and hybrid-cloud infrastructure.
Why work with us? Well here are some of the reasons we think we’re pretty great:
- Been around for 25 years & nominated as a ‘Great Place to Work’ several times
- Over 250 technical minds to collaborate with on a daily basis right here in London
- Monthly catered breakfasts, holiday events and other out of office happenings including summer barbeques, golf tournaments, skating and ice hockey
- An active Wellness Committee that organizes corporate volleyball, soccer and softball teams, monthly on-site massage and lunch-time yoga classes
- Ongoing community outreach helping Toys for Tots, the United Way, our corporate charity: Families in Need and other local programs
- Training and educational incentives for continued career growth
- Periodical Bake Sales, Raffles, Auctions and more!
Apply for this role directly using the following link: http://autodata.applytojob.com/apply/qzVUEu/Linux-System-Administrator.html. For more information about Autodata, please visit our company website at www.autodata.net.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be notified. Autodata Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We are compliant with AODA legislation; if you require work related accommodations, please specify.
- Date Posted:
- Jun 13, 2015 1:01 AM PDT
- Autodata Solutions
- Autodata Solutions
- London, Ontario, Canada
Autodata Solutions is a technology integration and products company serving the world's largest auto manufacturers and their partners with data aggregation, syndication, technology and custom solutions. It is our mission to provide custom solutions and online applications that increase the effectiveness of the automotive sales chain and help put vehicles in consumer’s driveways. We have a... more