FreshBooks has a big vision – we’re just getting started and there is a lot left to do. We’ve made it to 5,000,000 users and now we’re looking for an experienced Advocate Marketing Manager to accelerate the recommendations of our customer base.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have done it before: been in a marketing position as you helped to scale an ultra-successful business by defining customer referral/retention programs and leading campaigns in a small business or consumer space.
Title: Loyalty Marketing Manager
Reports to: Director, Product Marketing
The Loyalty Marketing Manager will be a savvy marketing professional experienced with referral or advocate programs targeting small businesses; have a proven track record defining go-to-market strategies including: identifying customer advocates, developing programs to accelerate word of mouth recommendations and delivering “wow” across a multiple touch points.
- Develop an advocacy program to enable and recognize the sharing of recommendations from our happy customers.
- Execute this program across multiple touch points… in product, through service, in marketing communications and at events.
- Develop and track metrics and success criteria for advocacy program.
- Identify and celebrate top influencers.
- Monitor industry market trends and competitors and provide intelligence on the competitive landscape and key trends occurring in the industry.
- Be a key contributor to vision/strategy for all FreshBooks product categories.
- Recommend product enhancements based on deep understanding of key influencers.
- 5-7 years of marketing experience in comparable industries
- Proven ability to assess customer needs, translate into marketing priorities, and team with cross-functional leaders to aggressively execute and deliver
- Experienced in communicating a company’s unique value proposition to potential customers, partners and market influencers through creative campaigns
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results driven, team oriented environment
- Strong strategic planning and analysis skills in marketing and business (competitive) strategy
- Experience being an integral part of an organization that has or is experiencing rapid growth
- Experience in leading product launches
- Demonstrated customer focus
- Business degree or M.B.A. desired
In 2003, Mike McDerment, co-founder and CEO of FreshBooks, accidently saved over an invoice, snapped and decided to create a better way to manage his books and bill clients. Since then, FreshBooks has emerged as the #1 cloud accounting specialist for small business owners by helping more than 5 million people track time, organize expenses and invoice clients in the cloud. Known for extraordinary customer service... more