Teligence, one of the 2014 BC’s Top Employers and the leader in voice-enabled social networking, is looking for a Manager, IT Operations to join our team.
What You'll Do
This challenging role provides leadership, mentoring, coaching, and strategic direction to areas of systems support, help desk, network/security, and infrastructure systems architecture. The Manager, IT Operations will partner with business leaders to maintain integrated technical roadmaps aligning business and technology needs as well as balancing service levels with product requirements
Your key accountabilities are as follows:
• Support and implement tactical goals and operational activities of the department by partnering with the Director, Operations and managers across the organization as well as direct reports.
• Hold responsibility for highly technical information projects and technical planning.
• Hold responsibility for the design, implementation and support of IT infrastructure to match business needs.
• Be a creative thinker, proposing timely and cost effective solutions that leverage existing internal or systems or take advantage of emerging technologies that meet our quality criteria
• In this position, maintaining accountability site security and adherence to Credit Card Security (PCI compliance)
• Ensure all security precautions have been followed regarding source code and proprietary information for the organization. Review and approve processes and procedures.
• Develop managers’ and direct reports’ knowledge and ability to analyze, recommend, and utilize innovative systems, strategies, procedures, and technology to their fullest potential
• Provide the technical expertise, leadership, planning, and coordination to ensure the continuity of technical services to the organization.
• Manage and direct all IT operations activities including XIV/NetApp configuration and maintenance, VMware, Netbackup, Source Safe, EIC, installation, administration, tuning, support and troubleshooting of full suite of Microsoft Server applications, including but not limited to Exchange, SQL, BizTalk, IIS, as well as enterprise Active Directory and Linux systems.
• Manage the implementation and support of network management systems.
• Manage the Helpdesk system – ensure tickets are handled on a timely basis and that tickets entered are closed correctly.
• Manage the desktop environment – ensure a high degree of stability with attention to rapid desktop builds, stable software installs, and regular service pack updates.
• Assist in disaster recovery planning.
Who You Are
You are a strong leader with a “Positive Can Do Attitude” to deliver top notch solutions and results. You possess a minimum of 5 years experience in a directly related position and bring superior communication/interpersonal skills to the table. Naturally you will have excellent supervisory and leadership skills with the ability to build, motivate and influence a team of talented engineering professionals.
In addition, you also possess the following skills and experience:
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft OS & applications and BackOffice Solutions.
- Solid experience in SAN administration (preference to Netapp/XIV or similar experience).
- Strong background in Linux administration (preference to Ubuntu/Centos or similar experience).
- Solid experience in Vmware administration and Vmware Lab Manager.
- Understanding of telecomm industry and technologies would be an asset.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and be extremely organized.
- Understand and be able to articulate the business case for technology investment to the Senior Leadership team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field would be an asset.
- Ability to provide 24x7 support in a production environment as required for escalations and trouble shooting.
Who We Are
Teligence makes it possible for millions of people worldwide to connect for friendship, dating or fun; whenever, wherever and however they want. What started off as a single chatline has evolved to creative multi-platforms pushing the boundaries of innovation for voice, mobile, and web communication.
Today, we’ve focused on growing those connections through the introduction and development of exciting new products and features, and with a focus on web and mobile for partner brands.
What you’ll get!
At Teligence, we share a passion for making people happy. Driving our edgy brands is a group of intelligent, energetic and talented people who think big, dream big, and then make those dreams a reality.
Together, we are committed to creating innovative technology and powerful experiences that enrich people's lives.
We’re proud to have created a work environment that celebrates the diversity of our team, while fostering shared success across our organization. From development to marketing, finance to sales and customer service, we work as a team to deliver leading-edge solutions across technology and telecommunications platforms. In addition, we are pleased to offer our employees:
• Competitive salary and generous benefits package, including wellness and work/life services; RRSP matching; medical and dental coverage; and more
• Beautiful offices in downtown Vancouver, featuring bright, open-plan workspaces
• Fun, collaborative environment with a focus on employee recognition
How to Apply
If you're interested in this position, send your cover letter and resume in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted:
- Jul 9, 2014 2:54 PM PDT
It's a huge endeavor, but we have been doing it for over 24 years. Teligence makes it possible for millions of people worldwide to connect for friendship, dating or fun; whenever, wherever and however they want. What started off as a single chatline has evolved to creative multi-platforms pushing the boundaries of innovation for voice, mobile, and web communication. Our take on branding makes it possible for... more