You will work closely with the AVAC team to build out and execute the communications strategy in order to promote the organization and develop thought leadership within the industry. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of the AVAC marketing communications functions. This includes executing day-to-day tasks, writing and coordinating content, managing AVAC’s website and social media presence, and targeting and connecting with relevant partners and media.
This is a big job with numerous facets and moving parts. It requires a person who is skilled at multitasking and can work autonomously, but also has the ability to efficiently work alongside the team to gather information and content. You must be an excellent writer/story teller with the ability to use different voices, depending on the target audience. You have a keen interest and/or experience in the art and implementation of social media. You have a deep understanding for generating and managing content for social channels both with integrating and driving social content to the AVAC website. Good networking skills are also required. A background in technology, investing, venture capital, or agriculture would be an asset.
About AVAC: We are an Alberta-based investment company with over 16 years of experience in helping bridge the critical investment gap between innovative ideas and commercial business success. What makes us unique is our considerable experience addressing the three key challenges for successful early-stage investing: garnering investor interest, attracting strong senior management, and building critical mass of like businesses.
With deep roots in agriculture, we invest in promising early-stage and growth ventures with a focus on agriculture and food technologies that can help solve the world’s impending food production and security issues. We also manage an active early-stage venture capital fund-of-funds investment pool and the Accelerate Fund, an angel co- investment fund available to Alberta technology companies.
• Work with the CEO and outside agencies (as needed to) develop and execute the communications strategy
• Management and regular updates to the corporate website
• On-going creation of content to drive thought leadership
• Oversee and execute on all company content (online, social, traditional, events, guerrilla, PR)
• Regular reach-out to targeted industry partners and influencers to promote the AVAC message
• Creation of relevant educational information that is both company specific and industry driven
• On-going media relationship building to maximize company awareness and brand building
• Proactive story pitching
• Write press releases, messaging, quotes, responses to media inquiries, and blog posts
• Create and oversee the media/analyst/key contacts database including regular updating
• Manage the execution the company marketing initiatives in a cost effective manner
• Management and execution of the company social media programs
Promotional and Event Activities
• Oversee the development and execution of promotional activities, events and trade shows
• Research and recommend events and trade shows for AVAC to participate in or sponsor
• Attend industry events, sessions, meetings and conferences as necessary
Tracking and Reporting
• Create and maintain the company communications and marketing reporting systems including lead and story tracking systems
• Create monthly internal status reports
• Create regular board update reports
• Provide relevant information to the annual report
• Manage the corporate events Outlook calendar
• Organize meetings as necessary
• Speak, read and write English fluently
• Experience working with MS Office suite
• Basic design skills in Photoshop or WordPress an asset
• University Degree or formal education in communications, PR, marketing or related field
• 3-5 years of experience working in communications and marketing
• Strong writing skills
• Interest in and/or knowledge of social media programs and how to leverage them effectively
• Comfort with representing the company and networking at varied industry events
• Professional attire and presentation
• Excellent time management skills and ability to work autonomously
All interested applicants are asked to direct a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted via email to arrange a meeting.
- Date Posted:
- Sep 5, 2014 9:14 PM PDT
- AVAC Ltd.
AVAC Ltd. is a private not-for-profit company that invests strategically in promising early-stage commercial businesses focusing on the expansion of Alberta’s value-added agri-business, ICT, life sciences, and other industrial technology sectors. AVAC also participates in commercially-relevant agricultural research and is a strategic fund-of-fund investor in early stage venture capital. Created in 1997, AVAC has... more