Wattpad is a mobile social app that connects people all over the world with stories that matter to them. It enhances the storytelling experience, and makes it possible for people to be captivated by something they love. We’re proudly based in Toronto, but our reach is global. Every month, 45 million people spend over 15 billion minutes on Wattpad to create and discover stories they can’t find anywhere else.
We’re growing our marketing team and we are looking for a proven, passionate and hands on Marketing Manager. You will drive engagement among existing users and acquisition of new users. In this key role you will work with cross functional teams including product, community, data products and our business teams. You will help define and execute Wattpad’s go-to-market strategy for product and content distribution.
We continuously ship our application worldwide, from the smallest cell phone to the biggest, highest resolution desktop - making this a high impact role.
Come write your next chapter with us!
What you will be doing:
- Working closely with our product, and other internal Wattpad teams you will plan for launches of new products such as targeted landing pages, video ads, and other feature apps
- Develop positioning and messaging concepts for product launches and events in conjunction with the marketing team
- Analyze and leverage competitive intelligence and market data, follow industry trends, and make recommendations for the business
- Initiate, and support our strategic partnerships and other strategic relationships (e.g. not-for-profit self service microsite to help organizations like doctors without borders distribute content on Wattpad)
- Work closely with our community teams to address user issues related to marketing as they arise
- Utilize a wealth of data to understand, assess and provide feedback and recommendations on performance of Wattpad programs and services in the market
What we’re looking for:
- 5 years of product marketing experience, preferably within a tech/internet company, with experience bringing products to market on a global scale
- Bachelor degree in marketing or business, or a related/relevant field
- A natural leader, able to influence cross-functional teams and get things done
- Qualitative and quantitative mindset, you are curious and metrics driven
- Self-starter with the ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You are a stellar communicator - right across the board!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary & career growth
- Meaningful equity (stock options)
- Health benefits, fully covered on us!
- A transit pass and flexible hours, so you can get to and from work according to your schedule
- A beautiful office in downtown Toronto, with easy access to transit
- And a whole lot more!
- Date Posted:
- Apr 27, 2016 1:00 AM PDT
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Great stories bring people together! Wattpad is the world's largest community for discovering and sharing stories. It's a new form of entertainment connecting readers and writers through storytelling, and best of all, it's entirely free. With thousands of new stories added every day, an incredibly active community of readers, and the ability to read on your computer, phone, or tablet, Wattpad... more