Viscount is seeking a versatile, hands-on Marketing Manager to oversee the complete re-launch of it's security software business. Under your leadership, in twelve months this will look like an entirely different company. This position will have personal responsibility for marketing plan execution and results. Only experienced business-to-business marketing professionals with relevant experience will be considered. Software/High Tech and direct-to-end-user marketing experience is required as well as a proven track record of successfully introducing new products/services and seeing them through to mainstream adoption. This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing and is based in Vancouver, BC. No re-locations will be considered.
The ideal candidate:
- You have demonstrated exceptional ability to think and act strategically, then follow through with effective tactics to realize measurable business goals.
- You are a self-starter, seize accountability with a passion for delivering results, act decisively making quality decisions in a timely manner.
- You can innovate in unchartered territory, and enjoy a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- You are hands-on; you still love generating marketing programs, writing, creating, and executing campaigns.
- You view sales as your client and you work closely to make sure you are providing them what they need to be successful.
- You never met marketing software that you didn’t like. You push to be cutting edge by using automation to get the most out of your limited staff and budget.
- You are an intuitive decision maker, but you measure everything and use metrics to drive improvement.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive demand for Viscount's solutions directly with end-users and through influencing security professionals and our network of channel partners.
- Develop the go-to-market tactics for end-users, security consultants, and system integrators across all media platforms.
- Own lead generation programs, brand, reputation, awareness, content, campaigns, communications, events and marketing operations.
- Set and manage budget, determine mix and allocation across all channels.
- Continually increase the quantity and quality of end-user inquiries and sales leads.
- Drive efficiency through strategic and effective use of marketing automation software (Salesforce, Marketo, HubSpot, Brainshark, Data.com and other MA software) and all social media platforms.
- Measure and report on everything, using data to constantly refine programs and priorities.
- Develop customer insights from primary and secondary research sources and convert them into successful messaging and marketing programs.
- Select optimal target segments and effectively position and promote Viscount to those segments.
- Set marketing plans and execute the tactics that support the strategy and deliver results.
- Develop and execute a trade show plan, professional marketing activities, and industry advocacy group tactics in alignment with the overall strategy.
- Web and Social Media: Oversee management and content of the web site, blog, Facebook and Twitter, and all e-communications..
- Limited travel requirements.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA in Marketing with 5-7 years of corporate experience in software/High Tech. Experience in security software applications or other segments of Security Industry is a strong plus.
- Significant B2B/B2C marketing experience.
- Significant new product/service launch experience with demonstrated success taking a product from launch to mainstream adoption.
- Management of a partner network similar to our systems integrator channel is desirable.
- Highly motivated, confident professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills, integrity and judgment.
Strong creative abilities.
- Date Posted:
- Apr 30, 2015 12:40 PM PDT
- Viscount Systems, Inc.
- Viscount Systems, Inc.
- Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Viscount Systems, Inc. is an innovative security software solutions company that is changing the way access control is deployed and managed in the enterprise. Freedom brings cyber security protection to access control, reduces the cost of deployment and long term ownership, and provides a future-proof platform for unifying physical and logical security applications. more