Since our founding in 1983, TMW Systems has become the nation’s leading developer of enterprise software for transportation service companies and logistics operations. From our offices in seven cities across the US and Canada, we enhance vital supply chains in North America that connect manufacturing, raw material, agriculture, retail, wholesale, food and beverage, distribution businesses and mobile service providers with higher efficiency, greater visibility and improved responsiveness. Our expanding product range covers operations, dispatch, finance, business intelligence, process optimization, routing and scheduling, asset maintenance and a variety of cloud-based applications and services. We serve over 2,000 distinct customers in commercial and private transportation sectors, from trucking and distribution to 3PLs, construction fleets, municipal and waste management fleets. Our most valued business asset continues to be our Associates--high-performing professionals with exceptional capability, creativity and ingenuity. Our people demonstrate strong dedication to their own success and that of TMW Systems, Inc.
TMW Systems is looking for creative, motivated software developers to work on complex and rapidly evolving business applications. As a vital member of the software development team, you will design, develop, optimize and test client/server Windows applications based on Embarcadero Delphi and the IBM DB2 database platform, and a growing suite of applications written on the Microsoft .NET platform.
- You have prior Windows development experience working with large relational databases
- You know how and when to use OUTER JOINS and sub-selects, and how to avoid table scans
- You know how to use SQL cursors and return result sets from stored procedures
- You enjoy figuring out how complex applications fit together, and don’t need a manual to show you the way
- You’re comfortable working with customers when necessary, and don’t mind debugging support issues
- You prefer a rapid pace with lots of projects to sink your teeth into
- You have good instincts about enterprise application architecture and database design
- You’re willing to work from our office in Langley, BC (we are unable to help with relocation costs)
- You have experience in the transportation & logistics industry (or routing, mapping, navigation, or mobile communications)
- You have experience with multithreaded programming
- You’ve worked with XAML, WCF, SOAP and/or RESTful services, and/or HTTP
- You’re passionate about user experience
Tools we use:
- BS/BA or equivalent experience
- Embarcadero Delphi, C#, PHP, procedural SQL Language Skills
- IBM DB2, SQL Server, MySQL Database Skills
- Constant and close visual work at desk or computer
- Constant sitting and working at desk
- Frequent verbal and written communication with team and other business associates by telephone, correspondence, or in person
- Frequent lifting of folders, files, binders and other objects weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Frequent opening and closing of heavy file drawers
- Occasional bending and stooping to pick up boxes and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent walking and standing
- Occasional driving of automobiles
Travel Required: 10%
TMW Systems is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic.
TMW Systems Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of TMW via email, the Internet or in any method without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of TMW. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by TMW as a result of the referral or through other means.
- Date Posted:
- Mar 24, 2014 12:27 PM PDT
- TMW Systems
Since our founding in 1983, TMW Systems has become the nation’s leading developer of enterprise software for transportation service companies and logistics operations. From our offices in seven cities across the US and Canada, we enhance vital supply chains in North America that connect manufacturing, raw material, agriculture, retail, wholesale, food and beverage, distribution businesses and mobile service... more