Mobify is looking for a talented Mobile Interaction Designer to join our growing Customer Success Team. You'll be responsible for the creative execution of mobile and tablet sites for our incredible clients — including Expedia, Superdry, Crocs, Garmin, and Conde Nast. From prototyping to launch, you'll have ownership over each step in the creative process. You'll have the opportunity to work with some of the biggest brands in the world, and do so in the fun and relaxed environment of Mobify's beautiful Yaletown, Vancouver headquarters.
We believe in pushing the limits of technology in everything we do. To this end it is essential that our Mobile Interaction Designers have a strong understanding of HTML and CSS and the ability to hand-code their designs into functioning templates.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with cross discipline teams to prototype, design and implement mobile-first web experiences
- Work with our Producers to prioritize project tasks as well as our engineering team for the execution
- Use experience and research to identify mobile and tablet design patterns that work
- Own the creative direction and user experience for enterprise-level customer site builds
- Contribute topics and talks to weekly design meetings
- Participate in critiques and reviews with our cross-discipline design team
Who You Are
- You have a passion for UI/UX design, web and mobile
- You have 3+ years of experience in web design
- You have the ability to troubleshoot technical problems
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates rationale behind design decisions or case studies showing why design decisions were made
- You have experience designing for multiple screens, and experience creating interaction guidelines - as evidenced in your portfolio
- You have the ability to clearly explain designs to engineers and clients
- You have the ability to quickly and efficiently hand-code your designs into HTML and CSS
- You love working as part of a team and can juggle multiple projects
- You have great communication skills
- You love having ownership over your work from start to finish
- You are active on Dribbble, blogs, Twitter, CodePen or Hacker News
- You have designed sites using responsive web design techniques
- You have experience working in a start-up environment
- You are an active member of the Vancouver tech community (meetups, blog posts etc)
Mobify (www.mobify.com) is the mobile shopping platform of choice for leading global retailers. We power shopping around the world through web, apps and brick and mortar stores.
Mobify's platform empowers marketers and developers at companies like Ann Taylor, Crocs, ideeli, Leading Hotels of the World, British Telecom and Beyond the Rack to deliver exceptional mobile shopping experiences that improve customer experience, and grow revenue.
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Mobify powers the mobile shopping experiences of leading global retailers like Ann Taylor, Crocs, Superdry, Eddie Bauer and Beyond the Rack. Our platform enables online retailers to use all their existing digital commerce tools across smartphones, tablets, apps and in-store technology in a way that is fast to implement, easy to manage, and accelerates business growth. Established in 2007,... more