Move is a technology company and market leader that’s revolutionizing the real estate industry as represented by our “realtor.com” brand. Are you passionate about testing consumer facing mobile applications that affect millions of users? Do you love to validate the latest mobile technologies which are designed to delight users?
We’re a mid-sized company with the energy and zeal of a start-up, combined with the stability and attractive benefits of the market leader in our space.
At Move, we’re looking to hire a passionate and talented Mobile QA Engineer to join team at our Richmond, British Columbia location. This Engineer will test consumer facing mobile applications for realtor.com’s native mobile apps for Android. Move’s culture encourages innovative thinking, willing to experiment, try new things/frameworks and learning from failures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform business/system requirements analysis and review
• Identify the testable requirements and prepare the test strategy for each of the testing types identified
• Use Functional and Technical Design documentation to identify testing criteria and to write test cases
• Understands and defines all scenarios and test cases to satisfy each functional requirement for the application being tested
• Documents, updates and organizes all testing materials according to defined procedures
• Execute functional and regression for all the releases
• Works closely with the development team to troubleshoot and work with developers on issues and ensure that all defects are brought to resolution prior to deployment
• Support release process and perform testing of new functionality and regression testing of mobile apps.
• Create/track/retest software defects in designated defect tracking tool
Education, Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferably in computer science or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 3 -5 years in the QA field in testing (black box and manual) consumer facing web applications and supporting back-end systems
• Familiarity with mobile devices and platforms such as Android and iPhone
• Experience with HTTP/HTTPS monitoring tools such as Fiddler or Charles to capture and view outgoing HTTP requests and responses (Preferred)
• Understanding of object oriented programming concepts and how to apply them (Preferred)
• Experience with programming languages such as Java or Ruby (Preferred)
• Experience using automation testing such as Selenium (Preferred)
• Experience with BDD test tools like Cucumber (Preferred)
• Understanding of software QA processes and methodologies/tools, particularly in an Agile environment
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and trouble shooting skills to discover and resolve root causes
• Excellent communication (both written and verbal). Must be able to communicate in a concise and effective manner
• Must be able to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve common objectives
• Work closely with product managers, business analysts and developers throughout the development cycle to nail down requirements and set expectations and estimates for testing
Move is the leader in online real estate and operator of the Move Network of real estate web site for consumers and real estate professionals. Our business strategy is to create the leading real estate information marketplace by connecting consumers with the content, tools and professional expertise they need to find homes that are perfect for them. The company aims to serve consumers at every stage of the real estate cycle and to provide real estate professionals with a suite of CRM tools and customized advertising opportunities to better serve buyers and sellers in the marketplace.
- Date Posted:
- Sep 21, 2015 4:24 PM PDT
- Move Canada
- Move Canada
- Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
Move Canada, home of Top Producer’s innovative and award-winning products, has been serving the real estate market in North America for many years. By designing and developing the best suite of products on the market, Move Canada is at the forefront of both the real estate and software development industries! We are one of the largest software development companies in BC and we offer an... more