FYidoctors, Canada’s fastest growing eye care provider is a young and exciting entrepreneurial company. What started as a small group of 30 optometrists has grown to over 450 optometrists and 280 locations in only seven years! Our model is unique. We believe in progressive lens technology and manufacturing (at our own manufacturing facility right here in Canada), investing in the most current diagnostic equipment, and a consultative culture led by some of Canada’s respected and reputable optometrists. We believe our success comes from our passionate people, and we require energetic and enthusiastic leaders to join this dynamic team.
If this sounds like a company that you would like to work for, now is your opportunity. We are currently recruiting for a permanent full time .NET SOFTWARE DEVELOPER that will oversee and provide IT services at our Home Office, in Calgary, AB.
The incumbent is responsible for designing, programming and testing software to meet the product specifications and client requirements. Plays an active role in the development and testing phases of the software development life cycle, from requirements definition through to deployment. Is knowledgeable in user interface design, transaction processing, service development, database management systems, and PC operating systems. Is an effective and productive team player and well versed in software engineering methodologies.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design, develop, and maintain critical business enterprise applications using a variety of industry-standard technologies.
• Assist in conceptualizing, designing and documenting new architecture for existing applications and platforms
• Perform rigorous testing on both existing and new code to ensure it meets development standards and business requirements.
• Provide accurate estimates of assigned tasks for inclusion in project planning.
• Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions using the established defect tracking software.
• Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
• Assist in other related tasks and projects, as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Committed team player with a positive attitude and the motivation to learn.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Attention to detail with a strong professional work ethic.
• .NET development using C# and an understanding of Object Orientated Coding and/or Compositional coding is required.
• An understanding of MVC and/or ASP.Net web forms would be advantageous.
• An understanding or willingness to learn SQL Server and its associated technologies.
• Exposure to using source control systems, such as GIT.
• Familiarity with creating unit tests.
• An understanding of Test-Driven Design and the benefits of Agile.
• A passion for learning.
• Minimum of a diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Systems or the equivalent work experience. A bachelor’s degree is considered an asset.
• The candidate must have excellent English reading and writing skills as communication with the business forms a critical part of the developer’s job.
• Optical knowledge is an asset but not required.
Our rapid and continued growth ensures that our employees are constantly challenged and rewarded. We value employees by fostering collaboration, providing ongoing training and development opportunities and rewarding those who want to lead and exceed expectations. As a valued asset to our team, you can expect a comprehensive rewards package, including a competitive base salary and benefits.
If this opportunity appeals to you, please send us your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and please quote “.NET Software Developer - Calgary” in the subject line. We will not accept any faxed resumes.
Please note that candidates will be required to complete a technical test to demonstrate their aptitude. We thank all respondents for their submissions but regret that only those required for interview will be contacted.
- Date Posted:
- Mar 3, 2016 9:03 AM PST
- FYi Eye Care Services & Products Inc.
- FYi Eye Care Services & Products Inc.
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
FYidoctors, Canada’s fastest growing eye care provider is a young and exciting entrepreneurial company. What started as a small group of 30 optometrists has grown to over 450 optometrists and 280 locations in only six years! Our model is unique. We believe in progressive lens technology and manufacturing (at our own manufacturing facility right here in Canada), investing in the most current... more