We’re looking for a Network Administrator to take ownership of all networking activities for the 500 employees in our Shopify offices.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Strong networking experience, including knowledge of Cisco (ASA) and Juniper (EX) equipment;
- Extensive experience using Mac computers;
- Hands-on experience bootstrapping and administrating an office network;
- Setting up and configuring office servers and backup servers;
- Experience with Rancid and Ruby
You will be the go-to person at Shopify for:
- Fixing the network when there are issues;
- Monitoring the network and capacity planning;
- Proactively finding and resolving wireless issues;
- Maintaining the IP phones and coordinating with our hosted phone provider;
- Helping with general IT duties: Google Apps administration, servers, printers, laptops, etc;
- Occasionally running the livestream for our weekly events.
Some fun side projects include:
- Creating a Marauder's map of our office with wired and wireless networks;
- Installing a webcam which films employees going down our slide and generates animated GIFs which are automatically uploaded to our Flowdock;
- Working with open-source software to create beautiful TV dashboards.
If this sounds like the perfect position for you, please click here, fill in your information and we'll be in touch!
- Date Posted:
- Aug 2, 2014 4:00 AM PDT
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Shopify is an Ottawa based commerce platform that allows anyone to easily sell online, at their retail location, and everywhere in between. Shopify offers a professional online storefront, a payment solution to accept credit cards, a point of sale system to power retail sales and a card reader to accept payments through a mobile phone. Shopify currently powers over 80,000 active online stores... more