If you want to change the world, work on a platform that is growing like mad and is impacting the lives of millions, we want to hear from you!
VarageSale is an online marketplace that brings people together to buy, sell and connect with their local community. Our addicted user base is growing rapidly and we're poised to impact a lot of lives!
The Office Manager is a critical role here - you will be responsible for maintaining and protecting our ‘high quality of life’ at VarageSale. You will proactively manage the needs of our office and strive to keep our team happy while at work.
- Manage and facilitate the day-to-day activities that make working at VarageSale a great place to work
- Greet all visitors to the office and manage all deliveries and shipments
- Coordinate and lead logistical changes to the office such as space expansion, internal office moves, and new hire setups
- Plan, coordinate and oversee company events as needed (internal and external) - work with stakeholders to source all required event equipment and food (audio/visual, signage, catering)
- Manage and negotiate vendor pricing, contracts, and agreements
- Manage and setup weekly team lunches and coordinate catering as needed
- Be a ‘culture carrier’ and have the ability to inspire others to take pride in the workplace
- Manage relationships with external vendors - ensure that all office and kitchen supplies are well stocked.
- Previous experience managing a fast-paced office with bonus points for exposure to a startup environment
- Strong desire to do lots of things while wanting to do more
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes
- Passion for creating a winning culture and workplace
- The ability to motivate and inspire people through any form of communication
- Strong attention to detail and excellent ‘think-ahead’ problem solving skills
- Innate organizational skills - things don’t ‘slip through the cracks’
- The desire to be the person people go to for ‘everything’
- Date Posted:
- May 20, 2015 1:02 AM PDT