Job ID: GRDV191
Location: Vancouver, BC
Term: Permanent Full Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 18,000 customers in 90 countries. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and were recognized by numerous awards including Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2012 and 2011), Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), and Deloitte's list of 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2013).
With over 325 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create cool technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Apply today – we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit (www.globalrelay.com).
As a development team member, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of production systems. In this role, you will implement applications to import large batches of communications data into the system. You will also play a critical role in proposing solutions, automating processes, documenting systems components and contributing to the overall product.
The role involves cross-team collaboration and communication; you will be working closely with key stakeholders to ensure that product requirements are met.
- Monitor the performance and improve reporting on production systems
- Database administration and report generation on production systems
- Enhance deployment procedures and participate in deployments
- Maintain and improve build and continuous integration system
- Ensure proper management of test and staging environments
- Design and execute performance benchmarks
- General system administration tasks on Linux and Solaris platforms
- Some general system administration tasks on Windows Server platforms
- Provide 3rd level support
- Strong scripting and automation skills (e.g. Bash, Python, PowerShell)
- Solid understanding of build and continuous integration systems
- Experience with Java
- Understanding of unit testing and code coverage tools
- Experience with MS SQL Server or similar RDMS
- Good understanding of http servers (IIS, Apache)
- Experience with performance testing and benchmarking
- Basic understanding of workings of TCP/IP related protocols
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Comfortable working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Agile development practices is an asset
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document. Save your PDF using the following format "FirstName LastName (application date)" to: firstname.lastname@example.org Reference "Operations Developer_GRDV191" in subject line.
No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Date Posted:
- May 30, 2014 10:13 AM PDT
- Global Relay Communications Inc.
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 18,000 customers in 90 countries. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android,... more