Shopify's rapid growth means that we have many interesting and challenging problems to solve, most critically in operations. Shopify's merchants have bet their businesses on the reliability and performance of our platform, which means that reliability and uptime are paramount. This is why we're looking to add an experienced Operations Engineer to our operations team.
As part of an elite team of operations personnel you'll be responsible for ensuring that Shopify stays a robust and secure service with maximal uptime. This includes day-to-day system administration of the production environment, capacity planning, development of configuration management and automation tools, network troubleshooting and monitoring. As a member of the Operations Team you'll also be directly responsible for the scalability, performance and availability of the Shopify infrastructure. You will work closely with support and development teams throughout your day-to-day activities. All members of the Operations Team also participate in a 24/7 on call rotation.
- Experience in planning, deployment, and maintenance of large Linux installations
- Proficient with configuration management tools
- Skilled with scripting languages such as Ruby or Python
- Experience with a variety of open source software including nginx, haproxy, redis
- Networking experience with Juniper or Cisco gear
- Experience with MySQL administration and performance tuning
- Proficient in the prevention, detection, and mitigation of DDoS attacks
- Experience with performance tuning of Ruby on Rails applications
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Heroku
- Experience with redis or other nosql data stores
- Experience with Splunk or other log aggregation tools
Note on Title: An alternative title for this position will be "Operations Engineering Specialist" if the successful candidate is not a registered Engineer in Ontario.
If you are interested in discussing this opportunity, please fill out your information below and attach a CV.
- Date Posted:
- Apr 28, 2014 4:00 AM PDT
Shopify is an Ottawa based commerce platform that allows anyone to easily sell online, at their retail location, and everywhere in between. Shopify offers a professional online storefront, a payment solution to accept credit cards, a point of sale system to power retail sales and a card reader to accept payments through a mobile phone. Shopify currently powers over 80,000 active online stores around the world,... more