Position: Operations Engineer
Employer: Hootsuite Media Inc.
Location: 5 East 8th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia, V5T 1R6, Canada
Term: 37.5 hours per week, permanent
Salary Range: $80,000 – 90,000 per annum, plus benefits
The Operations Engineer, reporting to the VP, Production Operations will be a key member of the Operations team responsible for system administration and service management. You are a seasoned system operator with an affinity for creating and maintaining rock solid systems - databases, caches, frontend servers, deployment pipelines, backup systems etc. You are a creative thinker capable of troubleshooting any problem. Your operations skills are matched by your abilities to write necessary code to maintain systems. Your code may not end up on the homepage, but your team loves you because the stuff you build makes everything “just work”.
- Design and build systems using configuration management to effectively manage deployment of servers to public and private cloud
- Work with Operations team to build monitoring systems and diagnose low level performance issues
- Work with software development team to manage and optimize software deployment pipeline
- Participate in software development process by optimizing low level code, developing capacity testing systems and designing / maintaining development environments
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years operations experience, preferably in cloud or datacenter production environments
- Linux administration and bash scripting skills
- Experience and solid understanding of managing virtualized environment - AWS, vSphere, CloudStack
- Experience in management of relational or non-relational (NOSQL) databases
- Experience designing and deploying systems, caches, and databases to production environments
- A bachelor’s degree or completion of a college program in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, mathematics, information technology, or a related discipline
- Experience managing software deployment systems - source control, continuous integration, unit/acceptance/functional testing frameworks
Hootsuite offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes coverage for extended health, dental, vision, sick days and our on site health and wellness center. Employees also receive 15 vacation days per calendar year, as well as stock options.
- Date Posted:
- Nov 3, 2014 5:56 PM PST
- Hootsuite Media, Inc.
Hootsuite is the world’s most widely used social media relationship platform. More than 10 million users, including 744 of the Fortune 1000 companies, trust Hootsuite to manage their social media programs across multiple social networks from one integrated dashboard. Learn more about how Hootsuite is revolutionizing communication at http://www.hootsuite.com. more