FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a kick-ass online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Operations Engineer (DevOps)
As an Operations Engineer, you will take personal responsibility for keeping FreshBooks available, fast, and secure for our customers. You will collaborate with the development team to improve our deployment, provisioning, and testing infrastructure and processes so we can get the highest-quality software into production as quickly as possible, and help us attain Level 1 PCI compliance without sacrificing agility. You'll also help out with the IT services the operations team maintains for internal use.
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if your application can demonstrate:
- You’ve done this before – you’ve had at least five years of Linux system administration in a SaaS environment including direct responsibility for site performance and availability
- Experience with continuous delivery, configuration management and testing
- Programming skills in (ba)sh and in at least one other relevant language (eg. Python, Ruby)
- A deep curiosity that motivates you to keep on top of technical trends and informs your ability to suggest tools and approaches to interesting problems
- The ability to empathize with and communicate clearly to all the other parts of the business
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with much of the software we use: CentOS, Puppet, Git and GitHub, nginx, Apache, HAProxy, MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, Python, Ruby, Node.js, Nagios, Munin, Cacti, Jenkins, JIRA
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help shape how we build a world-class software start-up right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today. A member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
- Date Posted:
- May 15, 2015 1:01 AM PDT
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
In 2003, Mike McDerment, co-founder and CEO of FreshBooks, accidently saved over an invoice, snapped and decided to create a better way to manage his books and bill clients. Since then, FreshBooks has emerged as the #1 cloud accounting specialist for small business owners by helping more than 5 million people track time, organize expenses and invoice clients in the cloud. Known for... more