Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Samsung is making big steps into enterprise mobility with a wide range of device and SW solutions. With the recent launch of Samsung KNOX™, we are now looking for experienced and talented individuals for our Vancouver lab to design, develop, test and support these new solutions in the global market 'responsibilities.'
Are you an innovative, dynamic individual looking for an environment with the agility of a startup and the resources of a well-funded company? Do you want to personally make a difference building products that not only delight customers but also achieve market success? Do you want to join an all-star team being formed right now, and help build our business by utilizing data and analytics? If the answer is yes, then we are looking forward to meet you!
The Operations Research Analyst (Data Scientist) employs various quantitative modeling techniques and analytical methods to describe a system and glean useful insight to support better decision-making in a business environment. As a member of the Samsung R&D Team, this position involves working closely on strategic customer focused projects, combing high level math and analytics with working on business challenges. There may be future Big Data projects related to the Samsung KNOX Platform which requires assistance. This role can be for a new grad with extensive real world project experience, or someone with 1-3 years of professional experience.
• Defining business problems, creating solution requirements, and developing analytical solutions (algorithms, models, simulations, financial models, licensing models, monetization models, etc.).
• Working with a mix of sensitive and public data- clean, organize, structure data, create data models, analyze for trends.
• Analyzing and researching industry trends and facts in order to provide industry related subject matter expertise.
• Developing strategic modeling for analytical matters.
• Supporting business development initiatives for future analytics, and Big Data opportunities with our partners and internally at Samsung.
• Building data visiualizations, such as Data Driven Documents (D3)
• Balancing competing priorities and work with a very high paced dynamic environment
• Future projects may include working with software development members for Big Data projects and research.
• A strong mix of the following: Analytics/Operations Research– Statistical Analysis, Discrete Event Simulation, Mathematical Programming, Data Mining, Stochastic Modeling, Visual Analytics.
• Systematic and logical problem solving skills combined with strong business acumen.
• Coding skills with at least one of the following: Java, C, or C++
• Analytical ability and great attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal & written communication, with strong presentation skills.
• Experience with SAS Statistical Analysis Suite is considered an asset.
• Experience with other modeling tools/software such as ExtendSim, Tableau, Spotfire, Optimization Software is considered an asset.
• Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Stats, Applied Math, Physics, Business or a Technical Discipline from a University or equivalent.
• Post Graduate qualification in Operations Research, Business Analytics, Industrial Engineering, Statistics or related field.
Nice to have:
• Knowledge of BI and Time Series Analysis
• Parallel computing & Hadoop experience
• Experience with H2O predictive engine
• Graph Theory
• ML Experience: Logistic Regression, Linear Regression, Neural Networks, Cluster Analysis, Decision Trees, SVM.
• Hands on with some of the following Matlab, Octave, R
• Experience with shell scripting and Linux
- Date Posted:
- Jan 20, 2015 9:49 AM PST
- Samsung Electronics Canada
- Samsung Electronics Canada
- Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
SAMSUNG IS THE FUTURE… JOIN US! Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung. Samsung is making big steps into enterprise mobility with a wide range of device... more