Our client is an established business to consumer online entity that offers that rewarding combination of enterprise level complexity in a smaller high tech team (50+ people).
They have an opportunity for an Oracle Database Developer to join their four person database development team. Reporting to the Development Director, you will work closely with the DBAs, Architects, QA and the Java Development team to deliver high availability, scalable software.
This is purely a development environment (not production) so there is no need for “on call” work. This company has two week iterations and are very well managed so they seldom need to do overtime. If you love your role and would like to work in a well-organized environment in a technically complex development environment with a high number of data sets, you should talk to us about this role.
What you need to have:
• 5+ years’ experience as an Oracle database developer, designing and developing applications and systems
• Expertise in PL/SQL and SQL development
• Demonstrated expertise in partitioned objects (large data sets)
• Data modelling experience
• Experience in a Linux environment
It would be great if you also had:
• Oracle DBA experience
• Java development background
What you will be doing:
• Identify, analyze and translate business requirements into conceptual, logical and physical data models in complex, multi-application environments;
• Create and maintain schema objects, including complex functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers;
• Design partitioned and non-partitioned tables, indexes and temporary tables etc. to maximize storage and performance;
• Utilize strong programming/development skills using PL/SQL (package, procedures, functions, triggers) and batch coding skills (bulk collections, dynamic SQL, and parallel processing);
• Engage in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including database application coding, creating thorough and demonstrable unit testing specifications, test data sets and load testing to ensure all specifications are met;
• Provide development estimates from high-level functional requirements (i.e. user stories) in an Agile framework;
• Analyze code for problem resolution and performance optimizations;
• Analyze large, complex amounts of data;
• Deploy applications in different databases for development, testing, staging, and other non-production environments;
• Performance tuning including tuning complex queries, procedures and indexing strategies;
• Provide ad-hoc reports for project and business stakeholders;
• Collaborate with DBAs to analyze performance testing; identify and implement corresponding required changes in database and applications.
Please note: Candidates need to be authorized to work in Canada and available for interviews in Vancouver.
For information about TEEMA Solutions Group and to consider other career opportunities, please visit our website at www.teemagroup.com
- Date Posted:
- Jul 17, 2014 1:00 PM PDT
- TEEMA Solutions Group
- TEEMA Solutions Group
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
TEEMA Solutions Group is a customized staffing and technology solutions firm that offers talent management solutions including talent placement, payroll outsourcing and vendor management, as well as technology-certified Managed Services for system integration projects, as well as Practice Lead and Project Management services. The company began in 2008 as TEEMA Consulting Group Inc. In 2012,... more