This job listing is now closed. We are no longer accepting applications.
Canada’s largest independent technology news site is seeking a paid editorial intern.
Experience the new era of journalism first-hand by joining one of Canada's top digital media properties. This role involves working directly with the editorial team to generate content for our leading news site. You will write articles covering a broad realm of technology, entrepreneurship, and career-related content, with opportunities to meet local entrepreneurs, attend fun events, and edit other writers’ work.
This paid position is part-time with a reasonably flexible schedule, which makes it perfect for the summer student or recent graduate balancing a second job. Preferred candidate resides in Vancouver but we consider applications from anywhere in Canada.
• Generating content across several news verticals
• Conducting web research
• Copyediting, proofreading, and fact-checking articles
• Attending local events
• Assisting editorial team as required
• Interviewing SMEs in person, by phone, or via email
• Miscellaneous administrative or social media duties
• You can write clearly and concisely for online audiences
• You can meet deadlines
• You have a passion for the technology that’s changing our world
• You are familiar with social media
• You are self-motivated and able to work productively in any environment
• You are currently attending or recently graduated from a post secondary education institution for journalism or a related field
Length: 12 weeks (June, July, August)
Hours: 15 hours per week with a semi-flexible schedule
Compensation: Hourly wages
Email us with a cover letter, resume, and three to five writing samples. Include links to Twitter or LinkedIn if applicable. Accepting applications until Friday, May 23. Include "intern" in the subject line. Please note that only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
- Date Posted:
- May 9, 2014 9:25 AM PDT
Techvibes is Canada's leading technology media property. Originally founded in 2002, Techvibes is dedicated to covering social, mobile, and startup news that impacts Canadians. Our editors and nationwide network of reporters combine breaking hyperlocal news with international coverage to deliver a unique balance of insight and information. New in 2012, Techvibes is also the host of the annual Canada Startup... more