SourceKnowledge is the leading video advertising private exchange in Canada. Brands and agencies trust SourceKnowledge to offer the largest video ad inventory, ensure brand safety and viewability, as well as push the envelope for multi-platform presence by being the authority on emerging technologies such as Connected TV. SourceKnowledge reaches 9.8 million unique users in Canada and 81 million unique users in the United States (comScore, September 2013). Founded in 2009, SourceKnowledge is located in Montreal and has clients around the world.
SourceKnowledge provides a great work atmosphere and a good work/life balance with a casual dress code. The offices are located close to many modes of transportation including Charlevoix metro and the Lachine canal bike path (with a Bixi station right in front of our doors).
Do you want to work on a large scale system running in the Amazon cloud that handles hundreds of millions of micro-transactions per day? Are you a web development guru who likes to get your hands dirty on a wide array of languages and technologies? Want to help design platforms for emerging Connected TV devices? Do you live on the linux command-line? If this sounds like you, a fast-growing online video advertising company has a permanent development position on a small team where your contributions can make a big difference. We are open to new ideas and will often experiment with new technologies, providing many opportunities to grow your skills and work in different areas.
- Develop and maintain our video ad serving system – this is a large enterprise system with a combination of open source and proprietary code. In addition to the creation of new components, part of the job will be re-factoring and documenting parts of the system to standardize it across components.
- Keep the company on the leading edge of reliably delivering video advertising across multiple platforms.
- Understand the ad delivery network and be able to troubleshoot problems related to campaign delivery.
- Bachelors in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent work experience
- Enjoy working on the full development stack – both backend and frontend
- Commitment to writing clean, clear, well-documented code
- Web application troubleshooting skills
Nice to have…
- Experience with online video delivery (containers, codecs, etc.)
- Experience in the online advertising industry
- Python and/or shell scripting
- Mobile development experience (Android and/or iOS)
- Date Posted:
- Oct 7, 2014 1:40 PM PDT
- Montréal, Québec, Canada
SourceKnowledge is a leading programmatic marketplace for video advertising with 250 million uniques in North America. Brands and agencies trust SourceKnowledge to offer the largest video ad inventory, ensure brand safety and viewability, as well as deliver at scale on desktop, mobile devices and Connected TV. Founded in 2009, SourceKnowledge is a Top 20 ranked video ad marketplace (comScore,... more