Industry leading company is seeking a Senior level developer with 10+ years of PHP programming skills to develop our web based client portal based on an existing UX and storyboard template.
Experience collaborating cross functionally with internal customers to provide technical solutions for business needs and the ability to understand business processes and combine both with the development process is critical; as this position requires a clear understanding of business functionality it is best suited for a business oriented technology person.
The goal is for this to be a long-term position with responsibility for the ongoing maintenance of the portal, our company website and our existing proprietary back office application. As well, our existing application and future projects will require their own development in the future.
Key Required Skill Sets:
- Degree in Computer Science and/or 10+ years related certification and/or experience
- A minimum of 10+ years of professional programming and web development experience
- Experience working with PostgreSQL open source database systems
- Demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of programming and analysis, including design factors, software requirements, systems facilities, and execution protocols
- Understanding of the full software development life cycle
- Perform product design tasks of a moderate to high complexity which may require research and analysis
- Perform system design and specification development, program logic and flow-charting, testing, debugging, and documentation
- Desire to solve real-world problems by developing something that doesn't exist yet
- Strong communication, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate with outside vendors and internal staff
- Demonstrated aptitude for continuous learning and innovative thinking
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Perform any other IT related duties during working hours and when necessary including occasional after hours on-call work
- Highly motivated and creative with the ability to take initiative and share ideas
- Ability to deliver on time and work with minimal supervision
Position: This is a Full-time position at our Coquitlam office, Monday to Friday, 8 AM -5 PM.
Compensation: Competitive, including Medical & Dental Benefits after successful probationary period
Please send resume and cover letter to the attention of "Hiring Manager" at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Date Posted:
- Jul 8, 2014 4:15 PM PDT
- Anonymous Company